- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- OP-ED: Break-ups, Rejections and School Shootings: Educate Youth for Resiliency
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 29, 2014
- Conspiracy Alleged in Energy Worker Exposure at Hanford, Portsmouth
- Reports Differ on Injuries at Metropolis Nuclear Plant Following Leakage of Uranium Hexafluoride
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- A License to Steal, Kill, Cover Up and Do it All Over Again
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 28, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Not only cricket but West Indian self-worth at stake
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Little Changed Heading into Holiday Weekend
"Mortgage rates were little changed from the previous week and remain below levels seen the same time last year, which should provide some help with homebuyer affordability in many markets," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Recent housing data was better with pending home sales up 6.1 percent in May and overall construction spending [PDF] showing a slight improvement with private residential spending now up 7.5 percent on yearly basis."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.12 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending July 3, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.14 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.29 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.22 percent with an average 0.5 point, unchanged from last week. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.39 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.98 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, unchanged from last week. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 3.10 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.38 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.40 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.66 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.