- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Bates, Caserta, Council Ask for Gillespie's Resignation
- Councilman Taken to Jail for Alleged Home Confinement Violation
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Rally for Marijuana
- Marshall's Department of Social Work provides job opportunities to students through child welfare program
- Boil Water Advisory for Some Salt Rock Customers
- CDC and Texas Health Department Confirm First Ebola Case Diagnosed in the U.S.
- Ciccarelli named Huntington’s next chief of police
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Little Changed Heading into Holiday Weekend
"Mortgage rates were little changed from the previous week and remain below levels seen the same time last year, which should provide some help with homebuyer affordability in many markets," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Recent housing data was better with pending home sales up 6.1 percent in May and overall construction spending [PDF] showing a slight improvement with private residential spending now up 7.5 percent on yearly basis."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.12 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending July 3, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.14 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.29 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.22 percent with an average 0.5 point, unchanged from last week. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.39 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.98 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, unchanged from last week. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 3.10 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.38 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.40 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.66 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.