- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- OP-ED: Sports Need Independent Oversight
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Little Changed Heading into Holiday Weekend
"Mortgage rates were little changed from the previous week and remain below levels seen the same time last year, which should provide some help with homebuyer affordability in many markets," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Recent housing data was better with pending home sales up 6.1 percent in May and overall construction spending [PDF] showing a slight improvement with private residential spending now up 7.5 percent on yearly basis."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.12 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending July 3, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.14 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.29 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.22 percent with an average 0.5 point, unchanged from last week. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.39 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.98 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, unchanged from last week. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 3.10 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.38 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.40 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.66 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.