- PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Classic "Blazing Saddles" Screens; Mel Brooks Inclusive Comedy Still Ripe
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- FIRST LOOK: Feminist Alice, Steps Through the Glass to Find... Sibling Rivalry
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Legislature Completes Supplemental Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2016
- Marshall College of Science and West Virginia Science Adventures program host STEAM summer camp for K-12
- Marshall athletic training student receives 2016 NATA Foundation Scholarship
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Little Changed Heading into Holiday Weekend
"Mortgage rates were little changed from the previous week and remain below levels seen the same time last year, which should provide some help with homebuyer affordability in many markets," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Recent housing data was better with pending home sales up 6.1 percent in May and overall construction spending [PDF] showing a slight improvement with private residential spending now up 7.5 percent on yearly basis."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.12 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending July 3, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.14 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.29 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.22 percent with an average 0.5 point, unchanged from last week. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.39 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.98 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, unchanged from last week. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 3.10 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.38 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.40 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.66 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.