- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
- Huntington Traffic Stop Nails Heroin Dealer
- Former Williamson Mayor Sentenced
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- Councilman Asks for Lawmarker Intervention after Detroit Fugitive Returns, Again Arrested in Huntington
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
- BOOK NOTES: 'The Little Book of Big Government': Philip Yaffe's New Book Probes Pros and Cons of World Government to End War
Huntington Revives Summerfest
As crowds started dipping, organizers decided to slap an entry fee on the merriment. That was the end of Summerfest. The hang out and open to all had a price barrier which altered and turned off patrons, who already paid for concessions and carnival rides.
Huntington Mayor Steve Williams has hinted strongly he would like to see the tradition revived It will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 25-27. Power boat racing will highlight and entertainment will be contemporary Christian (Friday) and rock (Saturday)
Sponsors have put in their support. Volunteers will run the operation. If those organizing and operating the fest received a fee, the party could not be FREE.