- DuPont withholds crucial information regarding the proposed sale of Washington Works plant
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... 'Furious 7' Gonna Roll
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: St Kitts-Nevis election fiasco: Symptom of a bigger problem
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- People should always be skeptical when evaluating weight-loss products
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
Huntington Revives Summerfest
As crowds started dipping, organizers decided to slap an entry fee on the merriment. That was the end of Summerfest. The hang out and open to all had a price barrier which altered and turned off patrons, who already paid for concessions and carnival rides.
Huntington Mayor Steve Williams has hinted strongly he would like to see the tradition revived It will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 25-27. Power boat racing will highlight and entertainment will be contemporary Christian (Friday) and rock (Saturday)
Sponsors have put in their support. Volunteers will run the operation. If those organizing and operating the fest received a fee, the party could not be FREE.