- Second What's Next Huntington Draws Crowd to HHS
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
Huntington Revives Summerfest
As crowds started dipping, organizers decided to slap an entry fee on the merriment. That was the end of Summerfest. The hang out and open to all had a price barrier which altered and turned off patrons, who already paid for concessions and carnival rides.
Huntington Mayor Steve Williams has hinted strongly he would like to see the tradition revived It will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 25-27. Power boat racing will highlight and entertainment will be contemporary Christian (Friday) and rock (Saturday)
Sponsors have put in their support. Volunteers will run the operation. If those organizing and operating the fest received a fee, the party could not be FREE.