- Sheetz Development Narrowly Passes Planning Commission
- $2.09 Per Gallon Gas Called Sign Mechanical Problem
- 70 Years of Atomic Bombs: Can We Disarm Yet?
- Senate President Cole, Speaker of the House Armstead Pledge to Defend West Virginia's Coal Mining Industry
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
- University to partner on $20 million scientific research grant
- Complaint alleges Stockert-Sizemore Funeral Home violated the West Virginia Preneed Act and state Consumer Credit and Protection Act.
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
Murder Suspect and Heroin Delivery Suspect Arrested Near Barboursville
Barboursville police and WV State troopers stopped a Yellow Cab in the 5600 block of Route 60 which had been observed leaving the Nash Street apartment. Joseph Lovell Cook, 22, who is from Michigan, has been charge with possession of heroin. He is wanted for an unspecified violent crime in that state. They will extradite the suspect once WV is finished with him, Williams said.
Following the execution of a search warrant for the Nash Street apartment, officers located some drugs and at least one assault style weapon, Williams added.
The Barbousvillle scene is still being processed. HPD will update should additional charges be filed.