- Orlando Mostly Deserted; This was a 9/11, a Former Huntington Resident Believes
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- Flooding Brings State of Emergency for 44 WV Counties
- West Virginia American Water Responding to Operational Impacts of Widespread Flooding
- Huntington Police Report Burglary, Possession, Overdose
- Flooding Closes Greenbrier
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Flash Flood Warning for Counties in Three States
- Senate President Bill Cole Urges Caution During State of Emergency
- CNN Reports at least 20 Dead; Governor Tomblin Issues Statement on Flooding Response Effort
Ona Speedway Results
· Jeremy Cooper attempted to win 4 races in one night as he drove in the Ucar B main, Ucar A main, Hobby Stock, and Classics. He won 2 (Ucar B and Classics)
· Scott Pierson Sr. got a little bit overly aggressive and crashed his Ucar into the wall breaking his right front axle on lap 2 of the Bmain.
· In the Hobby race, Gary Queen hit the wall HARD. He got out, checked the damage, and got back in to finish the race! Then he actually ran down and passed Brett Carey to take second place.
· Tempers flared in the Sport Mod division as 3 cars were unable to finish due to wrecks. The first and second place cars actually hit each other AFTER the checkered flag. It was unclear weather that was intentional or not.
· Also in Sport Mods, long time driver, Roger Dilley returned to Ona for the first time in several years and took home the win.
· The only class without a good car count was the New Heights Church V6 Class. With 3 people on vacation and 2 cars broke down, Scott Pierson Jr. won by default. One of the pastors from New Heights Ryan Navvy raced Scott Jr.’s V6 against Scott Jr. in Alaina Harvey’s Ucar in a 10 lap exhibition. The pastor started on the pole and in my opinion cheated his way to victory! Lol He got the trophy, but I got the points!
New Heights Church Exhibition- #12 Ryan Navvy
New Heights Church V6 Class- #12 Scott Pierson Jr.
Contempo Trophy Ucar B main- #00 Jeremy Cooper
Contempo Trophy Ucar A main- #32 Kevin Gillispie
Classics- #00 Jeremy Cooper
Hobby Stock- #8 “Magic” Mike Christy
Sport Mods- #3 Roger Dilley
POINTS AND LAP TIMES
Points and lap times are posted and available at www.onaspeedway.com .
We will be back in action on July 19th for the Precision Pump and Valve 200. We will have a full slate with the Late Models being there.