- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Sanitary Board Forwards 57% Operational, Maintenance Increase to Council; New Council will Decide on Increases for $75 Million Infrastructure
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Outgoing Councilman Tells People Stop Asking if You Can't Pay; Thacker: "Residents Don't Want to Leave City Due to Fees Either..."
- BREAKING.... Eastham Put on Leave; First Female Fire Chief Sworn In
- DEVELOPING... Council to hear Sanitary, Cable Proposals; Raise Issue Statutatory, not a Request by Mayor
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
David Jacobs' Impromptu Photo-Sessions Capture Honest, Real Side of Celebrity Subjects in New Book "CLOSE"
"Now, at a time when we are living in the height of celebrity---it has taken over the airwaves, the magazines, the TV channels and programming, the movies and new social media--- it's worth it to get a fresh honest look at celebrities such as David shows us with his work. Because in the end, they are a mirror of us…our desires, dreams, fantasies, misconceptions, our desire to be beautiful and live what seems like glamorous lives when in the end, it's just the luck of the draw, they could be you or me and in taking a closer, in-the-cold-light-of-day look, we see behind and beyond the Hollywood facade and right into the eyes of people, just like ourselves." -- Maggie Steber...former Director of Photography for the Miami Herald.
"You have created unique & revealing portraits of celebrities using absolutely no gimmicks of setting, lighting, nor props. Yours are just straight on facial portraits, yet in almost every case the celeb became more real to me, more of a person rather than a persona. Even Dennis Rodman. You are quite a gifted photographer." -- Michael Murphy, Max & Co.
In 1997 the Miami photographer figured out a way to do photo-sessions with famous celebrities. Read about his approach that enabled him to photograph subjects up close and real as they hadn't been before.
David Jacobs' portraits have appeared in: Time Magazine, TV Guide, ElleGirl, ESPN, King Magazine, FW Magazine, M Magazine, Teen People, People en Espanol, Miami Metro Magazine, AOL.com, TMZ.com, OK Magazine, Scholastic Inc., Parade Magazine, 'E' True Hollywood Story, Larry King Live, Newsweek, the Miami Herald, the New York Post, Blues Review, French Vanity Fair, and the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and many others.
"CLOSE" will be available in September at Amazon.com.