- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 8, 2014
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- Council Chairman Will Seek Input Concerning Gilespie Misdemeanor Conviction
Entrepreneurs' Café July 16
Three businesses are scheduled to make presentations as they compete for two cash prizes at the event, which encourages the development of local business by providing a venue where they can gain exposure and raise capital for their needs.
Attendance at the Entrepreneurs' Café is open to the public. Attendees pay $15 for the chance to network with others who are passionate about entrepreneurship and vote for the business or idea they think is most worthy. Five dollars of the admission price covers the cost of food, and $10 goes into a pot as a prize for the winning business. Those in attendance will vote for their favorite business or idea.
There also will be a "shark tank" panel consisting of three professionals from the business community: Michael Misiti, Charles Shumaker and Elizabeth Ayers. They will evaluate each presentation and award a $300 prize to the business that the panel thinks has the best chance of success. The prize money has been offered through the generosity of Vision Shared.
The Entrepreneurs' Café program is part of a new initiative called "Huntington: Be Small. Live Large," which aims to support existing small businesses, promote local business and inspire entrepreneurs. For more information about the event or to inquire about limited sponsorship opportunities, contact Ursulette Huntley at 304-697-3007 or email@example.com or Chris Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org.