- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Manchin, Klobuchar, Shaheen, King, Heitkamp, Baldwin Introduce Budgeting for Opioid Addiction Treatment Act
- Virginia Commonwealth University to explore yoga’s effect on pregnancy depression
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Detroit heroin dealer pleads guilty to Federal drug crime
- Carol Polan Likely Replacement Candidate for Husband
- Tamarack to host Appalachian Music & Arts Festival
- Tri State Live and On Stage
- Attorney General Morrisey's Office Announces June Mobile Office Hours In Cabell, Kanawha, Putnam and Wayne counties
- WV Boys High School Larosse All State Announced
Entrepreneurs' Café July 16
Three businesses are scheduled to make presentations as they compete for two cash prizes at the event, which encourages the development of local business by providing a venue where they can gain exposure and raise capital for their needs.
Attendance at the Entrepreneurs' Café is open to the public. Attendees pay $15 for the chance to network with others who are passionate about entrepreneurship and vote for the business or idea they think is most worthy. Five dollars of the admission price covers the cost of food, and $10 goes into a pot as a prize for the winning business. Those in attendance will vote for their favorite business or idea.
There also will be a "shark tank" panel consisting of three professionals from the business community: Michael Misiti, Charles Shumaker and Elizabeth Ayers. They will evaluate each presentation and award a $300 prize to the business that the panel thinks has the best chance of success. The prize money has been offered through the generosity of Vision Shared.
The Entrepreneurs' Café program is part of a new initiative called "Huntington: Be Small. Live Large," which aims to support existing small businesses, promote local business and inspire entrepreneurs. For more information about the event or to inquire about limited sponsorship opportunities, contact Ursulette Huntley at 304-697-3007 or email@example.com or Chris Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org.