- For Now City Hall Off Limits to Republican Mayoral Candidate in Huntington
- Council Passes Union Extensions; Fire Department Members Line Up in Hallway
- ANALYSIS: Mayoral Candidate Claims Constitutional, Political Interference... or May God Strike Him with a Lightning Bolt
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Suspected Serial Rapist Charged with Raping Seven Women Between 1993-2003
- WV Delegation Urges Obama to Expand Disaster Declaration
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- West Virginia American Water Update on Water System Restoration in Flood-Impacted Areas
Entrepreneurs' Café July 16
Three businesses are scheduled to make presentations as they compete for two cash prizes at the event, which encourages the development of local business by providing a venue where they can gain exposure and raise capital for their needs.
Attendance at the Entrepreneurs' Café is open to the public. Attendees pay $15 for the chance to network with others who are passionate about entrepreneurship and vote for the business or idea they think is most worthy. Five dollars of the admission price covers the cost of food, and $10 goes into a pot as a prize for the winning business. Those in attendance will vote for their favorite business or idea.
There also will be a "shark tank" panel consisting of three professionals from the business community: Michael Misiti, Charles Shumaker and Elizabeth Ayers. They will evaluate each presentation and award a $300 prize to the business that the panel thinks has the best chance of success. The prize money has been offered through the generosity of Vision Shared.
The Entrepreneurs' Café program is part of a new initiative called "Huntington: Be Small. Live Large," which aims to support existing small businesses, promote local business and inspire entrepreneurs. For more information about the event or to inquire about limited sponsorship opportunities, contact Ursulette Huntley at 304-697-3007 or email@example.com or Chris Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org.