- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
Marshall School of Medicine faculty member elected to national post
The mission of the GFA is to build and sustain faculty vitality in medical schools and teaching hospitals.
"I feel honored and privileged to have been elected to this post, "Shah said. "GFA professionals feel a great responsibility to prepare our faculty to meet the challenges of the 21st century. My training as a biomedical scientist, and experiences in the medical education and professional development arenas, will serve the GFA well during this time of educational and health care reform."
Dr. Joseph I. Shapiro, dean of the School of Medicine, congratulated Shah on her election to the national post, which includes committee members from schools across the country.
"This is an important and prestigious position which reflects well on Dr. Shah and the entire Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine," Shapiro said. "We are extremely pleased and proud that she will take on this new responsibility."
Shah currently serves as chairwoman of the GFA annual conference program planning committee. This year's conference will take place next week in Boston.Shah is a professor and chief of the pathology academic section, department of pathology and has been with the School of Medicine since 1997.