- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- OP-ED: Sports Need Independent Oversight
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Waging Peace: Global Adventures of a Lifelong Activist'
- NAHB: Statement from NAHB Chairman Kevin Kelly on New Mortgage Standards
Realtors, Home Builders Approve Senate Confirmation of San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro as HUD Secretary
The following is a statement by National Association of Realtors President Steve Brown:
“The National Association of Realtors commends the U.S. Senate today [July 9] for approving the nomination of San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro to serve as the Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
“Mayor Castro’s vision for strong communities and affordable housing is the right fit for HUD, which has helped make the dream of homeownership a reality for millions of Americans. We are encouraged by his record of achievements to revitalize the city center in San Antonio and his commitment to public engagement and collaboration.
“We look forward to working with Mayor Castro as he transitions into his new role as HUD secretary.”
* * *
Kevin Kelly, chairman of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and a home builder and developer from Wilmington, Del., on Wednesday, July 9 issued the following statement following the Senate confirmation of Julián Castro as the next secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development:
“NAHB applauds the Senate confirmation of Julián Castro as secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development. NAHB looks forward to working with Secretary Castro to promote policies that will strengthen the nation’s housing recovery and ensure a reliable and adequate flow of affordable credit for single-family and multifamily housing.”
News story on confirmation of Castro: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/wp/2014/07/09/julian-castro-expected-to-be-easily-confirmed-for-hud-today/