- Fed Ex Warns of Fraudulent Email
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- Storm Drain, Street Cleaning Report Issued for 2015
- Attorney General Morrisey Hails Historic and Unprecedented Victory Against EPA
- Huntington City Charter On Line
- Dinosaur Display this Weekend at Big Sandy Arena
- Pro-Life Leaders Cole and Armstead to Address Pro Life Crowd
- Council Moves Gun Range to Second Reading
- CFPB Takes Action to End Student 'Debt Relief' Scams; CFPB Warns Borrowers About Companies Charging High Fees for Free Federal Loan Repayment Programs
- Molly Ringwald to appear live at 30th Anniversary screening of The Breakfast Club, Feb. 21st at 3 p.m.
Realtors, Home Builders Approve Senate Confirmation of San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro as HUD Secretary
The following is a statement by National Association of Realtors President Steve Brown:
“The National Association of Realtors commends the U.S. Senate today [July 9] for approving the nomination of San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro to serve as the Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
“Mayor Castro’s vision for strong communities and affordable housing is the right fit for HUD, which has helped make the dream of homeownership a reality for millions of Americans. We are encouraged by his record of achievements to revitalize the city center in San Antonio and his commitment to public engagement and collaboration.
“We look forward to working with Mayor Castro as he transitions into his new role as HUD secretary.”
* * *
Kevin Kelly, chairman of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and a home builder and developer from Wilmington, Del., on Wednesday, July 9 issued the following statement following the Senate confirmation of Julián Castro as the next secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development:
“NAHB applauds the Senate confirmation of Julián Castro as secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development. NAHB looks forward to working with Secretary Castro to promote policies that will strengthen the nation’s housing recovery and ensure a reliable and adequate flow of affordable credit for single-family and multifamily housing.”
News story on confirmation of Castro: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/wp/2014/07/09/julian-castro-expected-to-be-easily-confirmed-for-hud-today/