- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- WWE returning to Big Sandy Superstore Arena in 2015
- Herd Tops King, 90-76
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
Realtors, Home Builders Approve Senate Confirmation of San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro as HUD Secretary
The following is a statement by National Association of Realtors President Steve Brown:
“The National Association of Realtors commends the U.S. Senate today [July 9] for approving the nomination of San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro to serve as the Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
“Mayor Castro’s vision for strong communities and affordable housing is the right fit for HUD, which has helped make the dream of homeownership a reality for millions of Americans. We are encouraged by his record of achievements to revitalize the city center in San Antonio and his commitment to public engagement and collaboration.
“We look forward to working with Mayor Castro as he transitions into his new role as HUD secretary.”
* * *
Kevin Kelly, chairman of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and a home builder and developer from Wilmington, Del., on Wednesday, July 9 issued the following statement following the Senate confirmation of Julián Castro as the next secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development:
“NAHB applauds the Senate confirmation of Julián Castro as secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development. NAHB looks forward to working with Secretary Castro to promote policies that will strengthen the nation’s housing recovery and ensure a reliable and adequate flow of affordable credit for single-family and multifamily housing.”
News story on confirmation of Castro: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/wp/2014/07/09/julian-castro-expected-to-be-easily-confirmed-for-hud-today/