- Fire Prevention Parade IMAGES
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Jury’s decision in favor of plaintiff is a crucial step towards holding DuPont accountable for contamination
- Fire Prevention Parade Passing Keith Albee IMAGES
- Finance Committee Sets Tuesday Meeting
- Presidential finalists named; on-campus interviews to be held Oct. 13-16
- OP ED: How To Prevent A School Shooter
- Award-winning pianist to perform at Marshall University
- St. Joe Boys Soccer Sneaks by Paul Blazer
- Marshall University Forensic Identification Association to host Women’s Expo at Pullman Square
Regatta, Carnival, Hot Dog Fest…. End of July Downtown Mega Family Draw
Noting that over 15,000 folks came to Dawg Dazzle to celebrate July 4, the Mayor said, “We are cleaning up the riverfront. We are starting to take steps beyond what any of us have seen [there].”
The power boat racing has been “stepped up” each year and Williams hopes weather cooperates on the races.
The Regatta will operate with an all-volunteer force in order to maintain the ‘free’ status of the event.
“The way the river straightens out [makes[ our position on the river is ideal for boat races.”
Hopefully, the weather will not repeat last year’s “choppy waters,” which was the first time the river races in Huntington had been impeded.
“We had almost two million homes last year and we expect almost double” the television draw this year, Williams said. “There will be more airing time as well.”