- Penguins Come Out for Turkey Holiday; Hunger Likely Boxoffice Winner
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 26, 2014
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Brings His 2014 Murphy and Motown Christmas Tour to Huntington WV
- Council OK's Four Huntington Fire Department Grant Aps
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Remain Low Heading Into Holiday Weekend
Regatta, Carnival, Hot Dog Fest…. End of July Downtown Mega Family Draw
Noting that over 15,000 folks came to Dawg Dazzle to celebrate July 4, the Mayor said, “We are cleaning up the riverfront. We are starting to take steps beyond what any of us have seen [there].”
The power boat racing has been “stepped up” each year and Williams hopes weather cooperates on the races.
The Regatta will operate with an all-volunteer force in order to maintain the ‘free’ status of the event.
“The way the river straightens out [makes[ our position on the river is ideal for boat races.”
Hopefully, the weather will not repeat last year’s “choppy waters,” which was the first time the river races in Huntington had been impeded.
“We had almost two million homes last year and we expect almost double” the television draw this year, Williams said. “There will be more airing time as well.”