- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Two pill dealers sentenced to Federal prison for drug crimes
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Marshall College of Science and West Virginia Science Adventures program host STEAM summer camp for K-12
- FLASHBACK: "Eyes Right," a Memorial Day Favorite
- Marshall to offer ACT math camps this summer
- Legislature Completes Supplemental Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2016
- Marshall athletic training student receives 2016 NATA Foundation Scholarship
- Manchin, Klobuchar, Shaheen, King, Heitkamp, Baldwin Introduce Budgeting for Opioid Addiction Treatment Act
Regatta, Carnival, Hot Dog Fest…. End of July Downtown Mega Family Draw
Noting that over 15,000 folks came to Dawg Dazzle to celebrate July 4, the Mayor said, “We are cleaning up the riverfront. We are starting to take steps beyond what any of us have seen [there].”
The power boat racing has been “stepped up” each year and Williams hopes weather cooperates on the races.
The Regatta will operate with an all-volunteer force in order to maintain the ‘free’ status of the event.
“The way the river straightens out [makes[ our position on the river is ideal for boat races.”
Hopefully, the weather will not repeat last year’s “choppy waters,” which was the first time the river races in Huntington had been impeded.
“We had almost two million homes last year and we expect almost double” the television draw this year, Williams said. “There will be more airing time as well.”