- Four Injured in Interstate 64 Accident
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- HMDA May Purchase Huntington Urban Renewal Parking Lots for Bond Payoff, Redevelopment
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- AAA Forecasts Year-End Holiday Travel Up 4.5 % in the South Atlantic Region
- More than 550 Electronic Gaming Terminals Seized as Part of Two Gaming Investigations
- Groups Coalesce Against Fracking Activity in Ohio River Valley
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
Tips from Highlawn residents net three arrests
Asia Janae Russell, 21, who lives at the residence, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. Also arrested at the residence were Bryant Lamont Holloway, 35, and Kenneth Alexander, 28. Both men are from Detroit. Police charged Holloway with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and forgery of vehicle registration, while Alexander was arrested on an outstanding felony capias warrant.
During a search of the residence, detectives recovered pills, cash, scales and drug paraphernalia. The landlord will be issued a nuisance property notification for corrective action.
Detectives involved in the investigation called it a perfect example of how a neighborhood watch program is supposed to work.
“Residents saw what they thought was drug activity and presented that information to the police officer who attends the Highlawn Neighborhood Association meetings,” HPD Capt. Rocky Johnson said. “They also made calls to our anonymous tip line and provided information that Special Emphasis Unit detectives were able to corroborate.”
Residents who see suspicious activity in their neighborhood are encouraged to call the anonymous tip line at 304-696-4444.