- Remains Believed to be Missing Woman Found
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Free Classic Regatta Returns to Huntington
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- President Obama Laments GOP Pulled Over $900 Milion from Recovery Act
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Receiving Stolen Property
- Republicans Convene in Cleveland IMAGES
Tips from Highlawn residents net three arrests
Asia Janae Russell, 21, who lives at the residence, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. Also arrested at the residence were Bryant Lamont Holloway, 35, and Kenneth Alexander, 28. Both men are from Detroit. Police charged Holloway with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and forgery of vehicle registration, while Alexander was arrested on an outstanding felony capias warrant.
During a search of the residence, detectives recovered pills, cash, scales and drug paraphernalia. The landlord will be issued a nuisance property notification for corrective action.
Detectives involved in the investigation called it a perfect example of how a neighborhood watch program is supposed to work.
“Residents saw what they thought was drug activity and presented that information to the police officer who attends the Highlawn Neighborhood Association meetings,” HPD Capt. Rocky Johnson said. “They also made calls to our anonymous tip line and provided information that Special Emphasis Unit detectives were able to corroborate.”
Residents who see suspicious activity in their neighborhood are encouraged to call the anonymous tip line at 304-696-4444.