- IMAGES: MU's Pullman Rally Flooded Out
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Solar Systems, Storage Hangers, and Other Product Recalls
- Carpenter Ants Performed at Pullman while Elsa Signed Prints at Empire
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Kamla is right: Joint Caribbean action vital to ensure no health crisis
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 15, 2014
- “Operation: River to Jail” continues with second warrant sweep
- Mayor Steve's Prayer Request
- Softball Freshman D’Orazio Playing at World Championships
Tips from Highlawn residents net three arrests
Asia Janae Russell, 21, who lives at the residence, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. Also arrested at the residence were Bryant Lamont Holloway, 35, and Kenneth Alexander, 28. Both men are from Detroit. Police charged Holloway with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and forgery of vehicle registration, while Alexander was arrested on an outstanding felony capias warrant.
During a search of the residence, detectives recovered pills, cash, scales and drug paraphernalia. The landlord will be issued a nuisance property notification for corrective action.
Detectives involved in the investigation called it a perfect example of how a neighborhood watch program is supposed to work.
“Residents saw what they thought was drug activity and presented that information to the police officer who attends the Highlawn Neighborhood Association meetings,” HPD Capt. Rocky Johnson said. “They also made calls to our anonymous tip line and provided information that Special Emphasis Unit detectives were able to corroborate.”
Residents who see suspicious activity in their neighborhood are encouraged to call the anonymous tip line at 304-696-4444.