- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- BOOK REVIEW: 'California Dreaming: Boosterism, Memory, and Rural Suburbs in the Golden State': Detailed Look at Three 'Agriburbs' in Sacramento, Los Angeles Areas
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- Huntington Pedestrian Killed Wednesday Evening:
- Holiday Garbage Pick Up Schedule Announced
- Will Smith, Cara Delevingne Cast as Super Villains in "Suicide Squad"
Tips from Highlawn residents net three arrests
Asia Janae Russell, 21, who lives at the residence, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. Also arrested at the residence were Bryant Lamont Holloway, 35, and Kenneth Alexander, 28. Both men are from Detroit. Police charged Holloway with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and forgery of vehicle registration, while Alexander was arrested on an outstanding felony capias warrant.
During a search of the residence, detectives recovered pills, cash, scales and drug paraphernalia. The landlord will be issued a nuisance property notification for corrective action.
Detectives involved in the investigation called it a perfect example of how a neighborhood watch program is supposed to work.
“Residents saw what they thought was drug activity and presented that information to the police officer who attends the Highlawn Neighborhood Association meetings,” HPD Capt. Rocky Johnson said. “They also made calls to our anonymous tip line and provided information that Special Emphasis Unit detectives were able to corroborate.”
Residents who see suspicious activity in their neighborhood are encouraged to call the anonymous tip line at 304-696-4444.