- Antitrust agreement will protect our citizens’ best interests
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- $2.09 Per Gallon Gas Called Sign Mechanical Problem
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- Huntington Police Arrest Two on Drug Charges
- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
- Sony Pulls "The Interview;" U.S. Investigators Determine North Korea Responsible for Cyber Attack
Huntington Public Works Reminds About Proper Household Chemical Disposal
Friday, July 11, 2014 - 18:08
Bleach and ammonia should be poured down the drain SEPARATELY and in small amounts with running water. Also, make sure to rinse empty ammonia and bleach bottles with water before discarding in your trash. And always read the product label of a household cleaning product about proper disposal methods if you have questions.
The following additional items are prohibited from being placed in household garbage: needles, syringes, paint, animal carcasses, sewage, appliances that contain freon or any type of biohazardous material.
Trash and sanitation crews will pick up paint cans if the paint has been dried out with cat litter.
Thank you in advance for following these guidelines. Minimizing the potential health and safety hazards that our trash and sanitation workers are exposed to is greatly appreciated.