- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 24, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: China Will Cast a Huge Shadow as Japan Meets CARICOM
- Huntington Police Make Drug Arrests
- Former Booster Club Treasurer Indicted for Theft
- Huntington Council Votes to Counter Rising Drug Crime by Hiring Ten New Police Officers at Special Session
- Ohio Man Arrested in Connection with 1995 Murders of Wife, Daughter
- FORMER WEST VIRGINIA DHHR EMPLOYEE PLEADS GUILTY TO FRAUD
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- Huntington Ready to Regatta
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
Huntington Public Works Reminds About Proper Household Chemical Disposal
Friday, July 11, 2014 - 18:08
Bleach and ammonia should be poured down the drain SEPARATELY and in small amounts with running water. Also, make sure to rinse empty ammonia and bleach bottles with water before discarding in your trash. And always read the product label of a household cleaning product about proper disposal methods if you have questions.
The following additional items are prohibited from being placed in household garbage: needles, syringes, paint, animal carcasses, sewage, appliances that contain freon or any type of biohazardous material.
Trash and sanitation crews will pick up paint cans if the paint has been dried out with cat litter.
Thank you in advance for following these guidelines. Minimizing the potential health and safety hazards that our trash and sanitation workers are exposed to is greatly appreciated.