- West Huntington Drug Bust
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Three Mile Island 40th Anniversary
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- DHHR Announces Emergency Energy Assistance Program for Low Income Residents
- Huntington woman pleads guilty to federal heroin charge
- Attorney General Morrisey Issues Statement Regarding HB 3062 which Impacts Substance Abuse Fighting Funding
- House of Delegates Votes to Increase Substance Abuse Treatment Opportunities
- Belle, Beast and Chorus Visit Marquee Pullman IMAGES
- Lecture series aims to fight substance abuse with education, collaboration
Huntington Public Works Reminds About Proper Household Chemical Disposal
Friday, July 11, 2014 - 18:08
Bleach and ammonia should be poured down the drain SEPARATELY and in small amounts with running water. Also, make sure to rinse empty ammonia and bleach bottles with water before discarding in your trash. And always read the product label of a household cleaning product about proper disposal methods if you have questions.
The following additional items are prohibited from being placed in household garbage: needles, syringes, paint, animal carcasses, sewage, appliances that contain freon or any type of biohazardous material.
Trash and sanitation crews will pick up paint cans if the paint has been dried out with cat litter.
Thank you in advance for following these guidelines. Minimizing the potential health and safety hazards that our trash and sanitation workers are exposed to is greatly appreciated.