- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Huntington Council Hears First Reading on Planned Duplex
- 2016 Rails & Ales Festival to be Held on Saturday, August 13th
- Marshall listed among Best Online Liberal Arts Colleges for Bachelor’s Degrees
- Huntington Council Discusses Two Ordinances
- Attorney General Morrisey to EPA: Halt Federal Spending on Clean Power Plan
- PSC Legacy Document Shows Dietz Landfill Closure Cost to be Shared by INCO, City
- Lecture Series Held at City Hall
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Huntington Public Works Reminds About Proper Household Chemical Disposal
Friday, July 11, 2014 - 18:08
Bleach and ammonia should be poured down the drain SEPARATELY and in small amounts with running water. Also, make sure to rinse empty ammonia and bleach bottles with water before discarding in your trash. And always read the product label of a household cleaning product about proper disposal methods if you have questions.
The following additional items are prohibited from being placed in household garbage: needles, syringes, paint, animal carcasses, sewage, appliances that contain freon or any type of biohazardous material.
Trash and sanitation crews will pick up paint cans if the paint has been dried out with cat litter.
Thank you in advance for following these guidelines. Minimizing the potential health and safety hazards that our trash and sanitation workers are exposed to is greatly appreciated.