- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Keep Your Promises applauds Credit Suisse for identifying issue of Chemours’ understated liabilities and for demanding more disclosure
- Tornado Watch Continues until 9 p.m. for Cabell County
- OPINION: Revolution's Matchstick: The Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Mayor Steve William's Office of Drug Control Policy Invited to White House
- Fracking Poses Threats to Public Health, Say Experts
- Fire Destroys Parked Car IMAGES
- Salt Storage Shed Now Open
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- A Very Merry Christmas Parade Moves Along Fourth Avenue
Huntington Public Works Reminds About Proper Household Chemical Disposal
Friday, July 11, 2014 - 18:08
Bleach and ammonia should be poured down the drain SEPARATELY and in small amounts with running water. Also, make sure to rinse empty ammonia and bleach bottles with water before discarding in your trash. And always read the product label of a household cleaning product about proper disposal methods if you have questions.
The following additional items are prohibited from being placed in household garbage: needles, syringes, paint, animal carcasses, sewage, appliances that contain freon or any type of biohazardous material.
Trash and sanitation crews will pick up paint cans if the paint has been dried out with cat litter.
Thank you in advance for following these guidelines. Minimizing the potential health and safety hazards that our trash and sanitation workers are exposed to is greatly appreciated.