- BREAKING: Huntington Sanitary Board Considers Rate Increase Monday
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- COMMENTARY: Ghost Ship Tragedy Recalls Learrning the Meaning of Off Record Until....
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- St. Joseph Invitational Basketball Tournament
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- WVDNR News: 2016 West Virginia deer firearms season fact sheet
Huntington Public Works Reminds About Proper Household Chemical Disposal
Friday, July 11, 2014 - 18:08
Bleach and ammonia should be poured down the drain SEPARATELY and in small amounts with running water. Also, make sure to rinse empty ammonia and bleach bottles with water before discarding in your trash. And always read the product label of a household cleaning product about proper disposal methods if you have questions.
The following additional items are prohibited from being placed in household garbage: needles, syringes, paint, animal carcasses, sewage, appliances that contain freon or any type of biohazardous material.
Trash and sanitation crews will pick up paint cans if the paint has been dried out with cat litter.
Thank you in advance for following these guidelines. Minimizing the potential health and safety hazards that our trash and sanitation workers are exposed to is greatly appreciated.