- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Former Charleston Job Corps Center employee pleads guilty to misappropriating government funds
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Doctor honors family’s medical legacy with School of Medicine scholarship
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Lewis College of Business appoints new division heads
- Ohio Children’s Hospitals Develop New Interventions to Prevent Repeat Child Abuse
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Zombies are coming to Barboursville
- 53rd annual Marshall International Festival returns to Big Sandy Arena Saturday, Nov. 5
Huntington Public Works Reminds About Proper Household Chemical Disposal
Friday, July 11, 2014 - 18:08
Bleach and ammonia should be poured down the drain SEPARATELY and in small amounts with running water. Also, make sure to rinse empty ammonia and bleach bottles with water before discarding in your trash. And always read the product label of a household cleaning product about proper disposal methods if you have questions.
The following additional items are prohibited from being placed in household garbage: needles, syringes, paint, animal carcasses, sewage, appliances that contain freon or any type of biohazardous material.
Trash and sanitation crews will pick up paint cans if the paint has been dried out with cat litter.
Thank you in advance for following these guidelines. Minimizing the potential health and safety hazards that our trash and sanitation workers are exposed to is greatly appreciated.