- Three People Arrested in Connection with Multi-County Drug Trafficking Operation
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- Marshall Health expands pediatric office on Route 60
- Bernie Packs Huntington's Big Sandy; Hillary and Trump Win Big IMAGES
- Governor Tomblin Endorses Hillary Clinton for President
- More than 1,700 to graduate from Marshall University May 7
- U.S. Attorney's Office announces collection sites for DEA's National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- AG DeWine Sues Out-of-State Telemarketer for Misleading Ohioans about Computer Virus
- TRANSCRIPT: Mayoral Candidate Alleges Mayor, Council "Embarassed" by Towing Outcry; Council Allegedly Persecutes Disabled Member for Backing Ordinance
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Republicans Mass In Huntington, Ready For 2014 Wins
"It's a privilege and honor to have the trust and vote of Republican leaders from around this great state," said Lucas. "We have built a team and operation who will build upon our successes in 2012, giving West Virginia Republicans an unprecedented night this November."
Newly elected committee members and officers were addressed earlier in the day at the Big Sandy Arena by Senate nominee Rep. Shelley Moore Capito, and Third Congressional District nominee State Senator Evan Jenkins and RNC Evangelical Outreach Director Chad Connelly.
"Our ballot is full. Our candidates will fight back against Obama and ObamaCare. We are at the doors and on the phones with thousands of voters to make our case," said Lucas. "Our hearts are full of resolve to get this state the economic growth and political leadership that ensure families will see this West Virginia as a place to stay, work and prosper."
Born in Huntington, Conrad Lucas was raised in Lincoln and Morgan Counties. When first elected, Lucas was the youngest state chairman of a political party in the nation. Lucas serves on the Rules Committee for the Republican National Committee and began his career as an aide to Rep. Shelley Moore Capito.
An attorney by training, Lucas holds degrees from Vanderbilt, Harvard and Tulane.