- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- UPDATED... HPD Nets Four Controlled Substance Arrests September 23-24; Burglaries Reported
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Cleveland OD Deaths Prompt Public Health Warning
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- Police Execute Arrest Warrants, Arrest Suspect in Shooting Near Hospital
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Council to hear Multiple First Readings
Other items on council's Monday, July 14 agenda, include elaboration of public meeting required use of council chambers. The item would clarify language that would allow council to move to a larger venue, if necessary.
At the work session, Mayor Steve Williams announced that the 100th anniversary of the opening of City Hall will be celebrated sometime in January 2016. Hallways and the building's exterior will be restored including replacing panels with clear glass.
Also, Smart Growth America will hold a conference August 5-6 discussing technical assistance and economic growth.