- NAHB: Study Shows Substantial Regional Differences in New Single-Family Houses
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
- Attorney General DeWine Warns Consumers to Avoid Online Romance Scams
- Musical theatre talents from the Greenbrier to visit Marshall music and theatre students
- Cato Breaks Record, No. 25 @HerdFB Cruises Past FIU 45-13
- Bike license program offers security, vintage plates
- Rahall Supports Travel Ban to Ebola Impacted Countries
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 17, 2014
Council to hear Multiple First Readings
Other items on council's Monday, July 14 agenda, include elaboration of public meeting required use of council chambers. The item would clarify language that would allow council to move to a larger venue, if necessary.
At the work session, Mayor Steve Williams announced that the 100th anniversary of the opening of City Hall will be celebrated sometime in January 2016. Hallways and the building's exterior will be restored including replacing panels with clear glass.
Also, Smart Growth America will hold a conference August 5-6 discussing technical assistance and economic growth.