- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- Friends Helping Kids Have Christmas
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 12, 2014
- Restructuring Cited for Public Works Director Dismissal
- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- Sustainability Concert Saturday
- Q and A with Mayor Steve Williams: Audits ALWAYS have Findings....
Council to hear Multiple First Readings
Other items on council's Monday, July 14 agenda, include elaboration of public meeting required use of council chambers. The item would clarify language that would allow council to move to a larger venue, if necessary.
At the work session, Mayor Steve Williams announced that the 100th anniversary of the opening of City Hall will be celebrated sometime in January 2016. Hallways and the building's exterior will be restored including replacing panels with clear glass.
Also, Smart Growth America will hold a conference August 5-6 discussing technical assistance and economic growth.