- Shots Fired Near Marshall Campus
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- Charleston heroin dealer pleads guilty to federal charge
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- Christmas Kente Ceremony for winter graduates is Saturday at Marshall
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: Men vs. Women: Work-Life Balance
- COLUMN: Death of an Addict
- UPDATED: Officials Speak of Marshall's Growth During President Kopp's Tenure
- Religion and Courts Clashing in Rowan County
Council to hear Multiple First Readings
Other items on council's Monday, July 14 agenda, include elaboration of public meeting required use of council chambers. The item would clarify language that would allow council to move to a larger venue, if necessary.
At the work session, Mayor Steve Williams announced that the 100th anniversary of the opening of City Hall will be celebrated sometime in January 2016. Hallways and the building's exterior will be restored including replacing panels with clear glass.
Also, Smart Growth America will hold a conference August 5-6 discussing technical assistance and economic growth.