- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Man Arrested for Attempted Murder of Huntington Police Officer
- Huntington Police Exeucute 7th Avenue Search Warrent; Six Arrests; Seize Heroin, Guns, Cash
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Charlotte School of Law Launches Eviction & Homelessness Prevention Clinic; How Do Similar Laws Impact Huntingtotn?
- Parkersburg man sentenced to over 12 years in Federal prison for possessing child pornography
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Possession, Reports Taken for Destruction of Property, Burglary, Overdose
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Board of Governors approves operating budget, sets tuition and fees for next year
- Greenbrier Theatre Seeks Donations to Replace Destroyed Costumes
It's Offical: Huntington Classic Regatta Bringing Excitement Back to Downtown
"That quarter of the year [in city B & O tax collections] always stood head and shoulders above the rest," Ferguson told Huntington City Council Monday, July 14, as he passed out packets with brochures and programs for the 2014 family friendly revival July 25-26-27.
"We proud to offer free admission, which allows all families to participate," Ferguson said, explaining that the event would not be possible without a fully volunteer staff.
Friday's entertainment will be youth gospel bands and no alcohol will be allowed at the park. Saturday will feature Katie DeHart, a local favorite, and the up and coming, Live Wire.
At 5 p.m. Saturday will be a pizza eating contest. A petting zoo will be open from noon-7 p.m. and eight carnival rides (four adult and four children) will be featured Friday and Saturday.
Power boat races will fill the river on Saturday and Sunday . The races will be shot for a delayed broadcast on Fox Sports which will place the event into 5.7 million households.
Complimenting the Regatta, Pullman Square hosts the Hot Dog Festival, a Motorcycle show will occur Sunday, and the Cincinnati Belle will be at the dock offering cruises on the river Sunday.