- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- Big Bad Vandals Steal Wood, Huntington House Falls
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Gov. Tomblin Announces Transportation Alternatives, Recreational Trails Program Grants
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
Wild Ramp, Unlimited Futures Receive Grant
Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 04:58 Updated 36 weeks ago
Unlimited Future, Inc. and Tri-State Local Foods (doing business as the Wild Ramp) applied for and received a technical assistance grant through the program that will help the entities develop an action plan for building a food council and establishing a unified local food system in the Tri-State.
The food council will rely on community stakeholders, including nonprofits, private businesses and governmental officials to build a local food system that is more accessible to local farmers and provides low-income individuals with more healthy food options