- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- UPDATED: Officials Speak of Marshall's Growth During President Kopp's Tenure
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Will Smith, Cara Delevingne Cast as Super Villains in "Suicide Squad"
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- Deer Hunters in West Virginia harvest 37,277 bucks during the buck firearms season
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
Wild Ramp, Unlimited Futures Receive Grant
Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 04:58 Updated 22 weeks ago
Unlimited Future, Inc. and Tri-State Local Foods (doing business as the Wild Ramp) applied for and received a technical assistance grant through the program that will help the entities develop an action plan for building a food council and establishing a unified local food system in the Tri-State.
The food council will rely on community stakeholders, including nonprofits, private businesses and governmental officials to build a local food system that is more accessible to local farmers and provides low-income individuals with more healthy food options