- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
- Huntington Traffic Stop Nails Heroin Dealer
- Former Williamson Mayor Sentenced
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- Councilman Asks for Lawmarker Intervention after Detroit Fugitive Returns, Again Arrested in Huntington
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
- BOOK NOTES: 'The Little Book of Big Government': Philip Yaffe's New Book Probes Pros and Cons of World Government to End War
CoreLogic: July MarketPulse Report: Pent-Up Supply, Pent-Up Demand Continue to Grip the Housing Market
In this report, CoreLogic economists, led by Chief Economist Dr. Mark Fleming, analyze current housing market conditions, including homeowner occupancy trends driven by low interest rate loans and the lack of desirable inventory – the "new housing normal." In a feature article focused on natural hazard risk to residential properties, CoreLogic Senior Hazard Scientist Dr. Tom Jeffery explores property risk associated with hurricane-driven storm surge. According to his research, more than 6.5 million properties are at risk of storm surge representing nearly $1.5 trillion in potential reconstruction costs.
Other key findings in the CoreLogic July MarketPulse report include:
- Home sales across all price points are beginning to suffer, with stale demand moving from lower-priced homes to middle- and upper-priced homes as well.
- Half of all major metropolitan areas will reach negative equity parity by 2018.
MarketPulse article content consists of a selection of recently published CoreLogic research, analytics and commentary. To view additional content, please visit the CoreLogic Insights Blog: http://www.corelogic.com/blog.
For a full copy of the July MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/research/the-market-pulse/marketpulse_2014-july.pdf.
For more information, please visit www.corelogic.com.