- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- Missing Huntington Woman Found Safe
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Understanding the Suffering War Brings
- OP-ED: Blood on the Corner: Dear UVA From an Alumnus
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Old Times are not forgotten in the South
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
CoreLogic: July MarketPulse Report: Pent-Up Supply, Pent-Up Demand Continue to Grip the Housing Market
In this report, CoreLogic economists, led by Chief Economist Dr. Mark Fleming, analyze current housing market conditions, including homeowner occupancy trends driven by low interest rate loans and the lack of desirable inventory – the "new housing normal." In a feature article focused on natural hazard risk to residential properties, CoreLogic Senior Hazard Scientist Dr. Tom Jeffery explores property risk associated with hurricane-driven storm surge. According to his research, more than 6.5 million properties are at risk of storm surge representing nearly $1.5 trillion in potential reconstruction costs.
Other key findings in the CoreLogic July MarketPulse report include:
- Home sales across all price points are beginning to suffer, with stale demand moving from lower-priced homes to middle- and upper-priced homes as well.
- Half of all major metropolitan areas will reach negative equity parity by 2018.
MarketPulse article content consists of a selection of recently published CoreLogic research, analytics and commentary. To view additional content, please visit the CoreLogic Insights Blog: http://www.corelogic.com/blog.
For a full copy of the July MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/research/the-market-pulse/marketpulse_2014-july.pdf.
For more information, please visit www.corelogic.com.