- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Huntington Shooting Under Investigation
- COMMENTARY: Doctor Needs Patient Support for Trying to Help
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Huntington Convenience Store Worker Shoots Thief in Leg
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Marshall’s Sustainability Department plans technology recycling event; volunteers needed for sweet potato harvest, greenhouse installation
- Bunn Resigns from Council , Moving to District 9
Dalton named Marshall University Director of Athletic Bands
"It kind of just hits me," Dalton said. "I think, 'You're director of athletic bands at a university right now.' That's a big deal!"
Marshall University School of Music and Theatre Director Dr. Richard Kravchak said Dalton's wide range of experience, including working with the Million Dollar Band at the University of Alabama, to serving as one of the color guard captain heads with the renowned drum corps Madison Scouts, made him a great fit for the position.
"Professor Dalton will honor the beloved traditions of the Marching Thunder while bringing a contemporary excitement and energy to our performances," Kravchak said. "We can't wait for football season to start!"
A native of Virginia, Dalton earned a Bachelor of Music in Music Education at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. He went on to receive a Master of Arts in Music Education and a Doctor of Musical Arts in instrumental conducting from the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Dalton performed in every ensemble he could during his undergraduate studies, including the Marching Royal Dukes and the Wind Ensemble. While at the University of Alabama, he performed with the Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps for three years, earning two world championships and a gold medal in individual and ensemble. He has also marched in various independent winter guards, consistently making the finals at Winter Guard International. His color guard teaching experience includes the world champion Phantom Regiment and the Carolina Crown Drum and Bugle Corps, as well as numerous winter guards around the southeast such as CrownGUARD and the University of Alabama Alta Marea.
For more information about Marshall University's Marching Thunder, please visit http://www.marshall.edu/band.