- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Huntington Church Offers Sanctuary for Undocumented Immigrants
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Rhoden Family Members Make Plea for Tips in Pike County Murders of Loved Ones
- Derby Hat Luncheon sponsored by Ebenezer Medical Outreach, Inc.
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
- AARP Partners for Money Smart Week Events
Dalton named Marshall University Director of Athletic Bands
"It kind of just hits me," Dalton said. "I think, 'You're director of athletic bands at a university right now.' That's a big deal!"
Marshall University School of Music and Theatre Director Dr. Richard Kravchak said Dalton's wide range of experience, including working with the Million Dollar Band at the University of Alabama, to serving as one of the color guard captain heads with the renowned drum corps Madison Scouts, made him a great fit for the position.
"Professor Dalton will honor the beloved traditions of the Marching Thunder while bringing a contemporary excitement and energy to our performances," Kravchak said. "We can't wait for football season to start!"
A native of Virginia, Dalton earned a Bachelor of Music in Music Education at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. He went on to receive a Master of Arts in Music Education and a Doctor of Musical Arts in instrumental conducting from the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Dalton performed in every ensemble he could during his undergraduate studies, including the Marching Royal Dukes and the Wind Ensemble. While at the University of Alabama, he performed with the Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps for three years, earning two world championships and a gold medal in individual and ensemble. He has also marched in various independent winter guards, consistently making the finals at Winter Guard International. His color guard teaching experience includes the world champion Phantom Regiment and the Carolina Crown Drum and Bugle Corps, as well as numerous winter guards around the southeast such as CrownGUARD and the University of Alabama Alta Marea.
For more information about Marshall University's Marching Thunder, please visit http://www.marshall.edu/band.