- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
- REVIEW: "Exodus: Gods and Kings:" a Hit and Miss Sword & Sandal Would-Be Epic
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Drops One Point in December
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
"Sex Tape" Bares All but You May Decry the Angles and Lack of Comedic Rhythm
Let's answer the quickie question now, yes Diaz and Segel appear nude. No, they do not appear fully and erotically in the buff. Call "Sex Tape" an exercise in a pristine effort to cater to a husband/wife (ok, significant others) demographic and poke fun at the encumbrances that marriage and family wedge on making love. It's kinda like a moderately conservative critic asking, does the premise require scenes with no clothes to tell the story. The "yes" comes with an irony --- the dialogue is remarkably free of raunchy words; no violence either, except when dog chases and mauls man.
Excuses bring smiling nods, but after the tape has left the marital home, what should have constant frenzy and hilarity stays mostly in the moderately funny category. Diaz and Segel spout their world is coming to an end frantic screams, yet, when the trackdown occurs their scramble for little white lies become lame.
Instead of a steady string of "Neighbors" quality ringers, the critical maneuver at the home of Annie's future employer leaves Jay to trade mauling with a just won't stay down German Shepherd and Annie hitting it off with a family's away CEO of a corporation appealing to the Great American mom.
I hoped for sustained marital and semi erotic jaw droppers; instead the offensive tape is the only elephant on the set. And , it can't be viewed in great detail.
Score an A minus for possibilities but a B minus for fumbling execution.