- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Former Charleston Job Corps Center employee pleads guilty to misappropriating government funds
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Doctor honors family’s medical legacy with School of Medicine scholarship
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Lewis College of Business appoints new division heads
- Ohio Children’s Hospitals Develop New Interventions to Prevent Repeat Child Abuse
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Zombies are coming to Barboursville
- 53rd annual Marshall International Festival returns to Big Sandy Arena Saturday, Nov. 5
"Sex Tape" Bares All but You May Decry the Angles and Lack of Comedic Rhythm
Let's answer the quickie question now, yes Diaz and Segel appear nude. No, they do not appear fully and erotically in the buff. Call "Sex Tape" an exercise in a pristine effort to cater to a husband/wife (ok, significant others) demographic and poke fun at the encumbrances that marriage and family wedge on making love. It's kinda like a moderately conservative critic asking, does the premise require scenes with no clothes to tell the story. The "yes" comes with an irony --- the dialogue is remarkably free of raunchy words; no violence either, except when dog chases and mauls man.
Excuses bring smiling nods, but after the tape has left the marital home, what should have constant frenzy and hilarity stays mostly in the moderately funny category. Diaz and Segel spout their world is coming to an end frantic screams, yet, when the trackdown occurs their scramble for little white lies become lame.
Instead of a steady string of "Neighbors" quality ringers, the critical maneuver at the home of Annie's future employer leaves Jay to trade mauling with a just won't stay down German Shepherd and Annie hitting it off with a family's away CEO of a corporation appealing to the Great American mom.
I hoped for sustained marital and semi erotic jaw droppers; instead the offensive tape is the only elephant on the set. And , it can't be viewed in great detail.
Score an A minus for possibilities but a B minus for fumbling execution.