- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
"Sex Tape" Bares All but You May Decry the Angles and Lack of Comedic Rhythm
Let's answer the quickie question now, yes Diaz and Segel appear nude. No, they do not appear fully and erotically in the buff. Call "Sex Tape" an exercise in a pristine effort to cater to a husband/wife (ok, significant others) demographic and poke fun at the encumbrances that marriage and family wedge on making love. It's kinda like a moderately conservative critic asking, does the premise require scenes with no clothes to tell the story. The "yes" comes with an irony --- the dialogue is remarkably free of raunchy words; no violence either, except when dog chases and mauls man.
Excuses bring smiling nods, but after the tape has left the marital home, what should have constant frenzy and hilarity stays mostly in the moderately funny category. Diaz and Segel spout their world is coming to an end frantic screams, yet, when the trackdown occurs their scramble for little white lies become lame.
Instead of a steady string of "Neighbors" quality ringers, the critical maneuver at the home of Annie's future employer leaves Jay to trade mauling with a just won't stay down German Shepherd and Annie hitting it off with a family's away CEO of a corporation appealing to the Great American mom.
I hoped for sustained marital and semi erotic jaw droppers; instead the offensive tape is the only elephant on the set. And , it can't be viewed in great detail.
Score an A minus for possibilities but a B minus for fumbling execution.