- Portsmouth Nuclear Whistle Blowers Tape Ralph Nader Radio Show
- Property Rescue Initiatives to be Discussed
- Newly Engaged? WV Weddings Magazine offering last minute Valentine’s Day gift perfect for any Bride-to-be
- Cabell Huntington Hospital/SEIU Local 1199 employees contribute to United Way
- Charlie's Harley Davidson Recognized for Superior Performance
- Cabell County Schools Announces 2016 Middle and High School Math Field Day Winners
- Marshall’s 47th Annual Jazz Festival to sound off Feb. 18-20
- Marshall to host College Goal Sunday event Feb. 21
- Fed Ex Warns of Fraudulent Email
- Mose July, M.D., recognized as February Fellow of the Month
"Sex Tape" Bares All but You May Decry the Angles and Lack of Comedic Rhythm
Let's answer the quickie question now, yes Diaz and Segel appear nude. No, they do not appear fully and erotically in the buff. Call "Sex Tape" an exercise in a pristine effort to cater to a husband/wife (ok, significant others) demographic and poke fun at the encumbrances that marriage and family wedge on making love. It's kinda like a moderately conservative critic asking, does the premise require scenes with no clothes to tell the story. The "yes" comes with an irony --- the dialogue is remarkably free of raunchy words; no violence either, except when dog chases and mauls man.
Excuses bring smiling nods, but after the tape has left the marital home, what should have constant frenzy and hilarity stays mostly in the moderately funny category. Diaz and Segel spout their world is coming to an end frantic screams, yet, when the trackdown occurs their scramble for little white lies become lame.
Instead of a steady string of "Neighbors" quality ringers, the critical maneuver at the home of Annie's future employer leaves Jay to trade mauling with a just won't stay down German Shepherd and Annie hitting it off with a family's away CEO of a corporation appealing to the Great American mom.
I hoped for sustained marital and semi erotic jaw droppers; instead the offensive tape is the only elephant on the set. And , it can't be viewed in great detail.
Score an A minus for possibilities but a B minus for fumbling execution.