- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- OP-ED: Sports Need Independent Oversight
Supertalk 94.1 FM & AM 930 to Carry Milton, Huntington League 3 Games from LL Baseball State Tournament Starting Friday
The games can be heard on Huntington on its long-time spot for sports, news and talk, 94.1 FM and outside of Huntington many thousands more can hear the 5,000-watt voice of 930 AM. Fans outside the area or on the run can listen at www.supertalk941.com/listen, or download the app atsupertalk941.com for I-Phones or Android phones.
Milton is the W.Va. District 1 champion and in a 3-team pool, and will play on Friday, July 18, at 5 p.m. against D-2 runner-up Mullins at Field 1 (Tracy Vickers Field), then play Saturday, July 19, at 4 p.m. again the D-4 runner-up from Central Greenbrier, also at Field 1, to wrap up pool play for Milton.
League 3 is the District 1 runner-up, is in a 4-team pool, beginning Friday, July 18, at 3 p.m. at Field 1 against D-3 champion Hurricane. On Saturday, July 19, League 3 will meet D-4 champion Beckley at 1 p.m. at Field 2 (Chapmanville Lady Tigers softball field).
League 3 wraps up pool play on Sunday, July 20, against D-8 runner-up Summersville at 2 p.m. and again on Field 2. After pool play is finished, the tournament will finish at Tracy Vickers Field with the two teams from each of the four pools advancing into the championship bracket.
If Milton wins in Pool B, they will play Monday, July 21, at 8 p.m., against the Pool C runner-up, but if Milton is the runner-up in Pool B, they will play on Tuesday, July 22, at 6 p.m. against the winner of Pool C. If League 3 wins its Pool C, they play on Tuesday, July 22, at 6 p.m. against the runner-up from Pool B, but if League 3 is runner-up in Pool C, they would play Monday, July 21, at 8 p.m. against the Pool B winner, making it possible Milton and League 3 could play each other on Monday or Tuesday.
The semifinals are set for Wednesday, July 23, at 6/8 p.m., while the championship games are set for Thursday, July 24, at 6 p.m., and those three games are also at Tracy Vickers Field (or Field 1).
Other teams at the State Tournament for the 11-12 year olds include teams from Bridgeport, Charleston (Mountaineer), Elkins, Madison, Martinsburg, Morgan County and Worthington.
For more information on Pool play and Championship brackets, as well as directions to Chapmanville, the two fields (basically back-to-back facilities), hotel information and other details, go to www.eteamz.com/WVLITTLE LEAGUE for more details.