- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- Potential Upscale Hotel Approved for Kinetic Park
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Sues For-Profit Corinthian Colleges for Predatory Lending Scheme; Bureau Seeks More than $500 Million In Relief For Borrowers of Corinthian’s Private Student Loans
- Grand opening of Visual Arts Center slated for Sept. 18-19
Huntington Ready to Regatta
Friday, July 25, 2014 - 20:23
Dan Ferguson, chairman of the Huntington Classic Regatta, has spearheaded boat races on the Ohio River in Huntington for the past three years. Strong community support through sponsorships and volunteers made it possible to expand this year’s event into a three-day regatta, he said.
Mayor Steve Williams added, "Harris Riverfront Park is one of the jewels in the crown of the Jewel City, and the Ohio River is one of our precious resources. The riverfront has been known as the preeminent location to enjoy the sights and sounds of the river. The City of Huntington has partnered with the Greater Huntington Park and Recreation District and the Cabell-Huntington Convention and Visitors Bureau to assure that the riverfront is scheduled each weekend throughout the summer to offer quality entertainment for the entire Tri-State to enjoy.
“The improvements that we are planning for Harris Riverfront Park will assure that the Port of Huntington Tri-State is recognized as the place to go to enjoy the wonderful vistas of the Ohio River Valley.”
For the third consecutive year, the powerboat races will be piped into 5.7 million homes. Fox Sports will broadcast the 30-minute telecast produced by RMG Sports three different times during August and September. More information about the telecasts will be announced at a later date. You can view last year’s production at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVQWh8lHRqk&feature=youtu.be.
For more information about the Huntington Classic Regatta or to view the full schedule, visit www.huntingtonclassic.com.