- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
Huntington Ready to Regatta
Friday, July 25, 2014 - 20:23
Dan Ferguson, chairman of the Huntington Classic Regatta, has spearheaded boat races on the Ohio River in Huntington for the past three years. Strong community support through sponsorships and volunteers made it possible to expand this year’s event into a three-day regatta, he said.
Mayor Steve Williams added, "Harris Riverfront Park is one of the jewels in the crown of the Jewel City, and the Ohio River is one of our precious resources. The riverfront has been known as the preeminent location to enjoy the sights and sounds of the river. The City of Huntington has partnered with the Greater Huntington Park and Recreation District and the Cabell-Huntington Convention and Visitors Bureau to assure that the riverfront is scheduled each weekend throughout the summer to offer quality entertainment for the entire Tri-State to enjoy.
“The improvements that we are planning for Harris Riverfront Park will assure that the Port of Huntington Tri-State is recognized as the place to go to enjoy the wonderful vistas of the Ohio River Valley.”
For the third consecutive year, the powerboat races will be piped into 5.7 million homes. Fox Sports will broadcast the 30-minute telecast produced by RMG Sports three different times during August and September. More information about the telecasts will be announced at a later date. You can view last year’s production at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVQWh8lHRqk&feature=youtu.be.
For more information about the Huntington Classic Regatta or to view the full schedule, visit www.huntingtonclassic.com.