- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Move to Highest Level Since Beginning of May
- Layne named director of administration and finance
Former Booster Club Treasurer Indicted for Theft
The grand jury indicted the booster club’s former treasurer, Ernest "Todd" Bowers, 51, of Pataskala, on one count of theft, a felony of the fourth degree.
Bowers allegedly stole approximately $67,000 from the Booster Club over a four-year period. An investigation showed money was used for personal trips, adult entertainment, gas, food, personal cell phones, cable services, and education expenses for family members.
The case was investigated by the Ohio Attorney General’s Charitable Law Section.
A copy of the indictment is available here.