- Morehead Clerk Faces Contempt Hearing in Ashland
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Huntington man pleads guilty to federal oxycodone charge
- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- Elegant Elsa Graces Wayne County Fair at Camden Park IMAGE GALLERY
- Keep Your Promises and EWG Meet with EPA on C-8 in drinking water
- Charleston heroin and meth dealer enters federal guilty plea
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: Too Old to Party
- Mermaid visits Huntington
Census Bureau Releases Industry Series Report on Semiconductors and Related Device Manufacturing; Employment Down 38.3% from 2007 to 2012
· The semiconductor and related device manufacturing industry employed 90,244 people in 2012, down 38.3 percent from 146,152 employed in 2007.
· The total value of industry shipments in the semiconductor and related device manufacturing industry was $72.2 billion in 2012.
· The cost of gold and other precious metals used as a material in this industry more than doubled from $149.3 million in 2007 to $372.0 million in 2012, an increase of 149.1 percent.
Highlights of value of product shipment data:
· The total value of product shipments in the semiconductor and related device manufacturing industry was $70.7 billion in 2012.
· Memory increased 24.4 percent from $6.0 billion in 2007 to $7.5 billion in 2012.
· Transistors decreased 42.2 percent from $938.0 million in 2007 to $542.0 million in 2012.
· Microprocessors made up 58.6 percent ($41.4 billion) of the total value of product shipments from semiconductors and related devices ($70.7 billion) in 2012.
Current and historical Economic Census data are available via the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder tool. For more information about the Economic Census (including a Release Schedule), visit www.census.gov.
All dollar values are expressed in current dollars, i.e., they are not adjusted for price changes. The statistics presented include data only for businesses with paid employees. For more information about the Economic Census (including a Release Schedule and information on comparability, confidentiality protection, sampling error, nonsampling error, and definitions), see www.census.gov.