- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- Cleveland OD Deaths Prompt Public Health Warning
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- - Candidates go beyond sound bites on major issues facing older West Virginians & their families
- DEVELOPING: Huntington Council Passes All Second Readings
- UPDATED... HPD Nets Four Controlled Substance Arrests September 23-24; Burglaries Reported
- New purple paint posting option on private land now available in West Virginia
Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
The officers discovered several people arguing inside the establishment. A man involved in the argument had a firearm that was visible to the officers. The officers repeatedly ordered the man not to move, but the man did not obey the orders and made movements that forced the Huntington Police officer to fire his weapon in response.
Robert Henderson, 37, was shot and was pronounced dead at the scene by Cabell County EMS. He had ties to both Detroit and Huntington.
Additional information will be released later.