- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- Huntington Still Infected by Scourge of Drugs
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- Doomsday Clock Edges Closer to Oblivion
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Jan. 20, 2015
Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
The officers discovered several people arguing inside the establishment. A man involved in the argument had a firearm that was visible to the officers. The officers repeatedly ordered the man not to move, but the man did not obey the orders and made movements that forced the Huntington Police officer to fire his weapon in response.
Robert Henderson, 37, was shot and was pronounced dead at the scene by Cabell County EMS. He had ties to both Detroit and Huntington.
Additional information will be released later.