- Chuck Pagano, Andrew Luck, Dwayne Allen, David DeCastro, Diana DeGarmo, Ace Young, Dennis Haysbert, Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev Join USO Tour
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cuba: Challenges and Chances for the Caribbean
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- OP-ED: Terrorism: Not a Western Problem Only
- Mayor Williams Requests No Driving on City Roads
Officer on Leave after Shooting Incident
On July 26, 2014 at approximately 12:25 a.m., Cabell County 911 received a call of a person brandishing a weapon in the 2000 block of 3rd Avenue. Huntington Police officers did not find any suspects upon searching the area.
At 1:23 a.m., a second brandishing call was reported in the same area. Huntington Police Officer and a West Virginia State Trooper responded and, upon their arrival, entered El Ranchito Mexican Bar and Grill, 2010 3rd Ave.
The officers discovered several people arguing inside the establishment. A man involved in the argument had a firearm that was visible to the officers. The officer repeatedly ordered the man not to move, but the man did not obey the orders and made movements that forced the Huntington Police Officer to fire his weapon in response.
The victim of the shooting, Robert Henderson, was pronounced dead at the scene by Cabell County EMS. Robert Henderson, was wanted out of Michigan for carrying a concealed weapon.
The Cabell County Prosecutor’s Office and FBI have been notified of the incident. An internal investigation is ongoing and upon completion the findings will be turned over to the prosecutor’s office and FBI for further review.
Officer Lusk will remain on paid administrative leave until the completion of the internal investigation, as per
No further comment or details are being released at this time.