- Remains Believed to be Missing Woman Found
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Free Classic Regatta Returns to Huntington
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- President Obama Laments GOP Pulled Over $900 Milion from Recovery Act
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- UPDATED ... Ghost Hunters , Costumed Heroes Visiting Region IMAGES
- Huntington, Cabell County Request State of Emergency; Four Pole Creek Overflows near Ritter Park IMAGES
Officer on Leave after Shooting Incident
On July 26, 2014 at approximately 12:25 a.m., Cabell County 911 received a call of a person brandishing a weapon in the 2000 block of 3rd Avenue. Huntington Police officers did not find any suspects upon searching the area.
At 1:23 a.m., a second brandishing call was reported in the same area. Huntington Police Officer and a West Virginia State Trooper responded and, upon their arrival, entered El Ranchito Mexican Bar and Grill, 2010 3rd Ave.
The officers discovered several people arguing inside the establishment. A man involved in the argument had a firearm that was visible to the officers. The officer repeatedly ordered the man not to move, but the man did not obey the orders and made movements that forced the Huntington Police Officer to fire his weapon in response.
The victim of the shooting, Robert Henderson, was pronounced dead at the scene by Cabell County EMS. Robert Henderson, was wanted out of Michigan for carrying a concealed weapon.
The Cabell County Prosecutor’s Office and FBI have been notified of the incident. An internal investigation is ongoing and upon completion the findings will be turned over to the prosecutor’s office and FBI for further review.
Officer Lusk will remain on paid administrative leave until the completion of the internal investigation, as per
No further comment or details are being released at this time.