- Fracking Waste Chemicals Allegedly Found in WV Near Drinking Water Inputs
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Confederate Memorial Day in the South
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- Stat Steps Defined Herd Basketball
- OP-ED: Lee Kuan-Yew’s Caribbean rescue in the Commonwealth
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Mountwest’s Inland Waterways Academy changes name, not mission
- Joey Logano pulls out wild overtime win in Martinsville Truck race
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
Officer on Leave after Shooting Incident
On July 26, 2014 at approximately 12:25 a.m., Cabell County 911 received a call of a person brandishing a weapon in the 2000 block of 3rd Avenue. Huntington Police officers did not find any suspects upon searching the area.
At 1:23 a.m., a second brandishing call was reported in the same area. Huntington Police Officer and a West Virginia State Trooper responded and, upon their arrival, entered El Ranchito Mexican Bar and Grill, 2010 3rd Ave.
The officers discovered several people arguing inside the establishment. A man involved in the argument had a firearm that was visible to the officers. The officer repeatedly ordered the man not to move, but the man did not obey the orders and made movements that forced the Huntington Police Officer to fire his weapon in response.
The victim of the shooting, Robert Henderson, was pronounced dead at the scene by Cabell County EMS. Robert Henderson, was wanted out of Michigan for carrying a concealed weapon.
The Cabell County Prosecutor’s Office and FBI have been notified of the incident. An internal investigation is ongoing and upon completion the findings will be turned over to the prosecutor’s office and FBI for further review.
Officer Lusk will remain on paid administrative leave until the completion of the internal investigation, as per
No further comment or details are being released at this time.