- TRANSCRIPT: Mayoral Candidate Alleges Mayor, Council "Embarassed" by Towing Outcry; Council Allegedly Persecutes Disabled Member for Backing Ordinance
- Marshall School of Medicine establishes new dentistry department
- Greenbrier County man pleads guilty to Federal crime involving oxycodone
- Marshall’s dean of CITE receives Outstanding Civil Engineering Educator of the Year for 2015
- Non-Profit launched to promote medical cannabis reform
- Law Enforcement Across North Carolina Comes Out in Favor of Syringe Exchange
- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- ANALYSIS: Efficency versus Dissent Collides at Council Meeting
- Reps. Jenkins and Clark Introduce Opiod Prescribing Bill
- Movie about terrorism told by 9/11 survivors and veterans being filmed in West Virginia.
Officer on Leave after Shooting Incident
On July 26, 2014 at approximately 12:25 a.m., Cabell County 911 received a call of a person brandishing a weapon in the 2000 block of 3rd Avenue. Huntington Police officers did not find any suspects upon searching the area.
At 1:23 a.m., a second brandishing call was reported in the same area. Huntington Police Officer and a West Virginia State Trooper responded and, upon their arrival, entered El Ranchito Mexican Bar and Grill, 2010 3rd Ave.
The officers discovered several people arguing inside the establishment. A man involved in the argument had a firearm that was visible to the officers. The officer repeatedly ordered the man not to move, but the man did not obey the orders and made movements that forced the Huntington Police Officer to fire his weapon in response.
The victim of the shooting, Robert Henderson, was pronounced dead at the scene by Cabell County EMS. Robert Henderson, was wanted out of Michigan for carrying a concealed weapon.
The Cabell County Prosecutor’s Office and FBI have been notified of the incident. An internal investigation is ongoing and upon completion the findings will be turned over to the prosecutor’s office and FBI for further review.
Officer Lusk will remain on paid administrative leave until the completion of the internal investigation, as per
No further comment or details are being released at this time.