- Caserta Cries Foul; Actions of Council "Condemned"
- Council Affirms Resolution Authorizing Water Quality Board to Enter Nearly $900,000 Dollar Street Cleaning Contract with Columbus Firm
- Artists Series includes 'Breakfast Club' star Molly Ringwald
- Unanimous Special Permit Approved for Gas at $4.5 Million Downtown Sheetz
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Stadium Seats, Power Cords, and Other Product Recalls
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- UPDATED: "Violent" Man who Escaped from Sixth Avenue Group Home Found at Ritter Park
- MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest Weekly Survey
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
Officer on Leave after Shooting Incident
On July 26, 2014 at approximately 12:25 a.m., Cabell County 911 received a call of a person brandishing a weapon in the 2000 block of 3rd Avenue. Huntington Police officers did not find any suspects upon searching the area.
At 1:23 a.m., a second brandishing call was reported in the same area. Huntington Police Officer and a West Virginia State Trooper responded and, upon their arrival, entered El Ranchito Mexican Bar and Grill, 2010 3rd Ave.
The officers discovered several people arguing inside the establishment. A man involved in the argument had a firearm that was visible to the officers. The officer repeatedly ordered the man not to move, but the man did not obey the orders and made movements that forced the Huntington Police Officer to fire his weapon in response.
The victim of the shooting, Robert Henderson, was pronounced dead at the scene by Cabell County EMS. Robert Henderson, was wanted out of Michigan for carrying a concealed weapon.
The Cabell County Prosecutor’s Office and FBI have been notified of the incident. An internal investigation is ongoing and upon completion the findings will be turned over to the prosecutor’s office and FBI for further review.
Officer Lusk will remain on paid administrative leave until the completion of the internal investigation, as per
No further comment or details are being released at this time.