- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- OP-ED: Break-ups, Rejections and School Shootings: Educate Youth for Resiliency
- Conspiracy Alleged in Energy Worker Exposure at Hanford, Portsmouth
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 29, 2014
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- Huntington Man Arrested for Crack Cocaine Delivery
- A License to Steal, Kill, Cover Up and Do it All Over Again
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 28, 2014
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for Customers in Barboursville – Advisory Revised to Include New Areas
Huntington Hosting Workshop on Economic Fiscal Health
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 16:11 Updated 12 weeks ago Edited from a Press Release
The city recently updated its comprehensive plan, Plan 2025, and these workshops aim to provide Huntington with tools and techniques to implement the vision of reinvestment in local infrastructure, housing and business. The workshops will focus on how shifting development patterns towards more compact, transit-oriented development could benefit the local economy and local government finances.
Huntington residents are invited to join the workshop’s first day for an introductory presentation that will feature an overview of the fiscal and economic benefits associated with smart growth practices. The event will be at 6 p.m. Aug. 5, 2014, at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena Conference Center.
In January 2014, the City of Huntington was one of 18 communities out of 98 that applied that was selected by Smart Growth America to participate in the free technical assistance program.