- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Feb. 27, 2015
- Huntington Mayor's Budget Puts Possible Fee Increase Decisions on City Council's Plate
- Chairman Caserta Does Not Favor "Pulling Monies" from Accounts
- West Virginia Senate Unanimously Passes Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Claims Transparency Act
- EPA Orders CSX to Clean up Areas Impacted by West Virginia Train Derailment
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
Huntington Hosting Workshop on Economic Fiscal Health
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 16:11 Updated 30 weeks ago Edited from a Press Release
The city recently updated its comprehensive plan, Plan 2025, and these workshops aim to provide Huntington with tools and techniques to implement the vision of reinvestment in local infrastructure, housing and business. The workshops will focus on how shifting development patterns towards more compact, transit-oriented development could benefit the local economy and local government finances.
Huntington residents are invited to join the workshop’s first day for an introductory presentation that will feature an overview of the fiscal and economic benefits associated with smart growth practices. The event will be at 6 p.m. Aug. 5, 2014, at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena Conference Center.
In January 2014, the City of Huntington was one of 18 communities out of 98 that applied that was selected by Smart Growth America to participate in the free technical assistance program.