- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- NNSA releases Environmental Review of UPF Bomb Plant Plans
- Pike County Murder Investigation: Update
- Huntington Councilwoman Meets Hillary Clinton
- Portsmouth Waste Reburial: "Classification" withholds truths for that which is not actually classified
- Virginia man pleads guilty to defrauding The Greenbrier through cancer scheme
- Donald J. Trump Visiting Charleston
- Colley Testified Nuke Worker Compensation Protocol Broken
- Student diagnosed with meningitis; university following CDC protocol
- Huntington Fire Department now carrying life-saving medication for opioid overdoses
Praise for Huntington Sanitary Board and Lou Akers by Resident
A woman stepped forward with praise for HSB/Water Quality Director Lou Akers. Why? He and his employees provided exceptional service to her situation with stormwater. In particular, she applauded "contact with a person" rather than a machine.
The HSB and Water Quality Board had an item on council's agenda: They are purchasing the former SS Logan Building to consolidate all operations. The move will save $55,000 a year. The current West Huntington office (former post office and Westmor Theater is month to month).
Council will vote on the purchase at its first August meeting.