- Marshall University internal medicine resident team wins state competition
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- OP-ED: Inadequate response to Ebola should not be repeated with Chickungunya
- Jewel City JAMboree to feature national and local musicians
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 20, 2014
- Rep.-elect Jenkins selected for Appropriations Committee
- Four People Arrested following Seizure of Heroin, Cash
- Southwest Ohio Violent Crimes Task Force Successful in First Year of Operation
Praise for Huntington Sanitary Board and Lou Akers by Resident
A woman stepped forward with praise for HSB/Water Quality Director Lou Akers. Why? He and his employees provided exceptional service to her situation with stormwater. In particular, she applauded "contact with a person" rather than a machine.
The HSB and Water Quality Board had an item on council's agenda: They are purchasing the former SS Logan Building to consolidate all operations. The move will save $55,000 a year. The current West Huntington office (former post office and Westmor Theater is month to month).
Council will vote on the purchase at its first August meeting.