- MCHM Spill Has National Drinking Water Contamination Implications; Charleston Had only Three Hour Reserve
- Family Searching for Missing Woman
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 15, 2014
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Secretary Tennant Urges West Virginians To Shop Small on Saturday, November 29
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 16, 2014
- A Very Merry Christmas Parade Moves Along Fourth Avenue
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
Praise for Huntington Sanitary Board and Lou Akers by Resident
A woman stepped forward with praise for HSB/Water Quality Director Lou Akers. Why? He and his employees provided exceptional service to her situation with stormwater. In particular, she applauded "contact with a person" rather than a machine.
The HSB and Water Quality Board had an item on council's agenda: They are purchasing the former SS Logan Building to consolidate all operations. The move will save $55,000 a year. The current West Huntington office (former post office and Westmor Theater is month to month).
Council will vote on the purchase at its first August meeting.