- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- Huntington Council Announces Agenda
- Layne named director of administration and finance
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Hits Highest Level Since Nov. 2005
Praise for Huntington Sanitary Board and Lou Akers by Resident
A woman stepped forward with praise for HSB/Water Quality Director Lou Akers. Why? He and his employees provided exceptional service to her situation with stormwater. In particular, she applauded "contact with a person" rather than a machine.
The HSB and Water Quality Board had an item on council's agenda: They are purchasing the former SS Logan Building to consolidate all operations. The move will save $55,000 a year. The current West Huntington office (former post office and Westmor Theater is month to month).
Council will vote on the purchase at its first August meeting.