- Guyandotte River Readied for Huntington Drinking Water Supply
- Testing Shows Presence of Toxin in Ohio River above Huntington
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Remain Near 2014 Lows
- School of Medicine recognizes Drs. Joseph B. and Omayma T. Touma for diversity efforts
- Generation Huntington Nominees due Friday
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
Praise for Huntington Sanitary Board and Lou Akers by Resident
A woman stepped forward with praise for HSB/Water Quality Director Lou Akers. Why? He and his employees provided exceptional service to her situation with stormwater. In particular, she applauded "contact with a person" rather than a machine.
The HSB and Water Quality Board had an item on council's agenda: They are purchasing the former SS Logan Building to consolidate all operations. The move will save $55,000 a year. The current West Huntington office (former post office and Westmor Theater is month to month).
Council will vote on the purchase at its first August meeting.