- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology rated in nation’s top 50
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Protecting the integrity of Social Security
- DEVOTION: Fat Tuesday
- Huntington Receives Donation of Life Saving Drug
- Attorney General Morrisey, 21 States Win Gun Rights Victory
- School of Pharmacy receives grant from Walgreens for diversity initiatives
- Council Deliberating Legislative Hate Crime Recommendation
- Council Moves Gun Range to Second Reading
Praise for Huntington Sanitary Board and Lou Akers by Resident
A woman stepped forward with praise for HSB/Water Quality Director Lou Akers. Why? He and his employees provided exceptional service to her situation with stormwater. In particular, she applauded "contact with a person" rather than a machine.
The HSB and Water Quality Board had an item on council's agenda: They are purchasing the former SS Logan Building to consolidate all operations. The move will save $55,000 a year. The current West Huntington office (former post office and Westmor Theater is month to month).
Council will vote on the purchase at its first August meeting.