- Huntington's Ultra Tight Fiscal Picture Slowly Leaks Outward
- Mountain State Supply Erupts in an Inferno
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Mayor Williams "unfamiliar" with alleged benefit cuts; Huntington "under" budget
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
Ohio Woman Receives 18 Month Prison Sentence for Embezzling Huntington Housing Funds
The money in these accounts was to be used by the Uptowner Inns to pay a portion of the rent for its HUD apartments for qualifying tenants. Over the course of four years, Whitley stole more than $150,000 in federal funds from the HUD accounts and deposited the money into her personal checking account. She concealed the fraud by entering false information into the check ledger indicating that the money was spent on maintenance and other items for the apartments. Whitley previously pleaded guilty to embezzling money from an organization receiving federal funds in April of 2014.
The investigation was conducted by the West Virginia State Police, the United States Department for Housing and Urban Development, and with assistance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.