- Former Mayor Kim Wolfe Breaks Silence; Williams Takes Credit for Foundations Laid in Wolfe Administration
- DEVELOPING.... Proposed Council Action Likely Wound Increase Movie Ticket Costs for Adults and Children
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Barboursville Holds Christmas Parade; Santa, Elsa, Marching Bands IMAGES
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
Ohio Woman Receives 18 Month Prison Sentence for Embezzling Huntington Housing Funds
The money in these accounts was to be used by the Uptowner Inns to pay a portion of the rent for its HUD apartments for qualifying tenants. Over the course of four years, Whitley stole more than $150,000 in federal funds from the HUD accounts and deposited the money into her personal checking account. She concealed the fraud by entering false information into the check ledger indicating that the money was spent on maintenance and other items for the apartments. Whitley previously pleaded guilty to embezzling money from an organization receiving federal funds in April of 2014.
The investigation was conducted by the West Virginia State Police, the United States Department for Housing and Urban Development, and with assistance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.