- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Virginia Commonwealth University to explore yoga’s effect on pregnancy depression
- Manchin, Klobuchar, Shaheen, King, Heitkamp, Baldwin Introduce Budgeting for Opioid Addiction Treatment Act
- Detroit heroin dealer pleads guilty to Federal drug crime
- Two pill dealers sentenced to Federal prison for drug crimes
- Carol Polan Likely Replacement Candidate for Husband
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Marshall to offer ACT math camps this summer
Agency accepting oral comments on Solid Waste rule proposal
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 18:12 Updated 1 year ago Edited from a Press Release
The proposed rule revision establishes protocols for the proper handling, management and disposal of drill cuttings and associated drilling mud generated in the exploration and production of oil and gas from the horizontal drilling process. It also requires radiation and leachate monitoring at all facilities receiving drill cuttings and associated drilling mud.
The comment period ends at the conclusion of the public hearing.
The proposed rule, once approved by the Legislature next spring, would replace an emergency rule that went into effect July 10. The emergency rule mirrors the proposal the agency will be taking comments on at the July 30 hearing. The proposal can be viewed on the DEP’s website at http://www.dep.wv.gov/pio/Pages/Rules.aspx.