- BREAKING ... West Virginia State Police to Consider Caserta Complaint
- Thacker's Ethics Complaint Does not Concern Pay Out; She Wants to Get to Work Also
- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- Jabberwowcky Kicks off DAWG's Pullman Thursday Series
- OP-ED:The Destruction of 'Forced Pooling'
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Old Times are not forgotten in the South
- West Virginia Trout Stocking Week of March 9-13, 2015
- William Smith, Westend Recovery Indicted for Receiving Stolen Metals including 99% Pure Nickel
- Bunny Bombshell Appears as Valkyrie
- One of Two in Pews Impacted by Drug, Substance Abuse
Agency accepting oral comments on Solid Waste rule proposal
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 18:12 Updated 43 weeks ago Edited from a Press Release
The proposed rule revision establishes protocols for the proper handling, management and disposal of drill cuttings and associated drilling mud generated in the exploration and production of oil and gas from the horizontal drilling process. It also requires radiation and leachate monitoring at all facilities receiving drill cuttings and associated drilling mud.
The comment period ends at the conclusion of the public hearing.
The proposed rule, once approved by the Legislature next spring, would replace an emergency rule that went into effect July 10. The emergency rule mirrors the proposal the agency will be taking comments on at the July 30 hearing. The proposal can be viewed on the DEP’s website at http://www.dep.wv.gov/pio/Pages/Rules.aspx.