- Mayor Williams Deems Sanitary Repairs 'Catastrophic;" Thacker: "Find Money Tree, not Residents"
- COMMENTARY: Sick Nuke Worker Demands Toxic Compensation Forum in Piketon
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Huntington Fire Chief Resigns; Effective BEFORE Council Finance Hearings on Next Year's Budget
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- One Council No Vote on Sanitary Board Increase
- Police Arrest Four on Drug Crimes
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
Agency accepting oral comments on Solid Waste rule proposal
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 18:12 Updated 2 years ago Edited from a Press Release
The proposed rule revision establishes protocols for the proper handling, management and disposal of drill cuttings and associated drilling mud generated in the exploration and production of oil and gas from the horizontal drilling process. It also requires radiation and leachate monitoring at all facilities receiving drill cuttings and associated drilling mud.
The comment period ends at the conclusion of the public hearing.
The proposed rule, once approved by the Legislature next spring, would replace an emergency rule that went into effect July 10. The emergency rule mirrors the proposal the agency will be taking comments on at the July 30 hearing. The proposal can be viewed on the DEP’s website at http://www.dep.wv.gov/pio/Pages/Rules.aspx.