- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Sir Ronald Sanders Awarded Honorary Doctorate by University of The West Indies
- Skate Park Construction Underway
- Coast Guardsman teaches water rescue to Cub Scouts in South Texas
- Test Time for Snow Plows
- 2014 Furbearer Trapping Seasons to Open Nov. 1
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 24, 2014
- "Ouija" Startles, But no Shrieks or Shocks Here
- Marshall’s Holliday Named to Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Watch List
Agency accepting oral comments on Solid Waste rule proposal
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 18:12 Updated 12 weeks ago Edited from a Press Release
The proposed rule revision establishes protocols for the proper handling, management and disposal of drill cuttings and associated drilling mud generated in the exploration and production of oil and gas from the horizontal drilling process. It also requires radiation and leachate monitoring at all facilities receiving drill cuttings and associated drilling mud.
The comment period ends at the conclusion of the public hearing.
The proposed rule, once approved by the Legislature next spring, would replace an emergency rule that went into effect July 10. The emergency rule mirrors the proposal the agency will be taking comments on at the July 30 hearing. The proposal can be viewed on the DEP’s website at http://www.dep.wv.gov/pio/Pages/Rules.aspx.