- Three People Arrested in Connection with Multi-County Drug Trafficking Operation
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- Congressman Shuster Endorses Donald Trump for President
- Law Enforcement Across North Carolina Comes Out in Favor of Syringe Exchange
- COLUMN: Tap Shoes ---- 15 Years of Improper HMO Care
- 2016 Brewskies Lineup Announced
- Governor Tomblin Endorses Hillary Clinton for President
- Elsa, Anna Appear at Old School Con IMAGES
- Announcing the new Tamarack Foundation Emerging Artist Fellowship
- Big data, global studies majors to begin in the fall
Agency accepting oral comments on Solid Waste rule proposal
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 18:12 Updated 1 year ago Edited from a Press Release
The proposed rule revision establishes protocols for the proper handling, management and disposal of drill cuttings and associated drilling mud generated in the exploration and production of oil and gas from the horizontal drilling process. It also requires radiation and leachate monitoring at all facilities receiving drill cuttings and associated drilling mud.
The comment period ends at the conclusion of the public hearing.
The proposed rule, once approved by the Legislature next spring, would replace an emergency rule that went into effect July 10. The emergency rule mirrors the proposal the agency will be taking comments on at the July 30 hearing. The proposal can be viewed on the DEP’s website at http://www.dep.wv.gov/pio/Pages/Rules.aspx.