- Shots Fired Near Marshall Campus
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- Charleston heroin dealer pleads guilty to federal charge
- Huntington Police Arrest Two on Drug Charges
- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
- COLUMN: Death of an Addict
- UPDATED: Officials Speak of Marshall's Growth During President Kopp's Tenure
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- Religion and Courts Clashing in Rowan County
Agency accepting oral comments on Solid Waste rule proposal
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 18:12 Updated 1 year ago Edited from a Press Release
The proposed rule revision establishes protocols for the proper handling, management and disposal of drill cuttings and associated drilling mud generated in the exploration and production of oil and gas from the horizontal drilling process. It also requires radiation and leachate monitoring at all facilities receiving drill cuttings and associated drilling mud.
The comment period ends at the conclusion of the public hearing.
The proposed rule, once approved by the Legislature next spring, would replace an emergency rule that went into effect July 10. The emergency rule mirrors the proposal the agency will be taking comments on at the July 30 hearing. The proposal can be viewed on the DEP’s website at http://www.dep.wv.gov/pio/Pages/Rules.aspx.