- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Mayor Steve William's Office of Drug Control Policy Invited to White House
- Keep Your Promises applauds Credit Suisse for identifying issue of Chemours’ understated liabilities and for demanding more disclosure
- Fracking Poses Threats to Public Health, Say Experts
- Tornado Watch Continues until 9 p.m. for Cabell County
- OPINION: Revolution's Matchstick: The Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- A Very Merry Christmas Parade Moves Along Fourth Avenue
- Marshall's Cato Named Manning Award Finalist
- Rep. Jenkins Touts Supreme Court Ruling as Victory for WV
Agency accepting oral comments on Solid Waste rule proposal
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 18:12 Updated 47 weeks ago Edited from a Press Release
The proposed rule revision establishes protocols for the proper handling, management and disposal of drill cuttings and associated drilling mud generated in the exploration and production of oil and gas from the horizontal drilling process. It also requires radiation and leachate monitoring at all facilities receiving drill cuttings and associated drilling mud.
The comment period ends at the conclusion of the public hearing.
The proposed rule, once approved by the Legislature next spring, would replace an emergency rule that went into effect July 10. The emergency rule mirrors the proposal the agency will be taking comments on at the July 30 hearing. The proposal can be viewed on the DEP’s website at http://www.dep.wv.gov/pio/Pages/Rules.aspx.