- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- Mathematics awarded $170K grant from National Security Agency
- Wilson family establishes endowed scholarship for medical students
- Protecting the integrity of Social Security
- Freedom Industries and former Freedom Industries plant manager sentenced for roles in chemical spill
- John Jasko, M.D., named Castle Connolly ‘Top Doctor’
- Huntington's Public Works director relieved of duties
- UPDATE: Swat Team Dispatched; Huntington's Marcum Terrace Scene of Another Shooting
Huntington Skateboard Park Exceeds Fund Raising Goals, Phase I Open by December 31
Volunteers told council --- and long time supporter Scott Caserta --- that approximately $11,000 had been raised to match the Tony Hawk $5,000 grant. These funds came from a V Club concert, T shirt sales, Skate Day donations and $5,000 from one business.
City Council moved the ordinance to start construction of the City Skate Park at Harris Riverfront to a second reading. If approved at second reading, Phase I of the Skate park will be completed by end of December.