- UPDATED...State Auditor Citied Lack of Adequate Policies, Controls for Some Huntington Financial Materials, 2013 and 2014
- UPDATED: State Audit 2015 Statement; Caserta Cries Foul; Actions of Council "Condemned"
- 2014 Huntington Audit Has Statement Governing Sick Leave Payments
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- Artists Series includes 'Breakfast Club' star Molly Ringwald
- Huntington Buns on Bikes Race IMAGES
- Special Prosecutor Will Be Appointed in Cabell County Regarding State Police Investigation of Mayor's Sick Leave Payment to Skip Holbrook
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- Unanimous Special Permit Approved for Gas at $4.5 Million Downtown Sheetz
Geohazards forum to address shared transportation challenges
The forum, sponsored by the Marshall University Center for Environmental, Geotechnical and Applied Sciences (CEGAS) and hosted by the Kentucky Geological Survey, is an opportunity for geotechnical professionals to share information and best practices, and collaborate on transportation-related projects. As in previous years, the 2014 forum will include a pre-conference field trip on Tuesday, Aug. 5.
“Federal, state and private entities that deal with the prevention and remediation of similar geologic problems—such as rock falls on highways—in the Appalachian Region, gain tremendous benefit by sharing best practices,” said Dr. Tony Szwilski, CEGAS director and forum chairman.
Topics for the 2014 forum include scour mitigation and stream restoration; tunneling; karst; instrumentation; seismic impacting infrastructure design; remote sensing; innovative landslide mitigation and correction; rockfalls, hydrogeology and the impacts of mining.
Vendors from across the country will be on hand to display some of the latest technologies. Exhibitor space and sponsorship opportunities are still available.
For the full technical program, registration and hotel information visit www.marshall.edu/cegas/events/GITAR/.