- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- Flooding Brings State of Emergency for 44 WV Counties
- Huntington Police Report Burglary, Possession, Overdose
- Flash Flood Warning for Counties in Three States
- Senate President Bill Cole Urges Caution During State of Emergency
- Huntington's Street Department Completes Upgrades, including Safer Dietz Hollow Dropoff Area
- West Virginia American Water Responding to Operational Impacts of Widespread Flooding
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Marshall hosts undergraduate students for biomedical research opportunities
- Orlando Mostly Deserted; This was a 9/11, a Former Huntington Resident Believes
Grace Food Pantry in Guyandotte
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 18:30 From Press Release
All of this is a fund raiser to raise money for Grace Food Pantry to help us feed the less fortunate and restock our shelves for our two backpack schools , we feed 65 children a week and this includes breakfast, lunch ,dinner ,snacks along with drinks for Two days until the children can go back to school to eat .We have been feeding children all summer on an average of 20 children a day and providing food for backpacks for Payton Elementary summer program so we have not been able to keep our shelves stocked and we are in desperate need . We are having a dunk tank and the challenge is to raise money to make a challenge for people to get in the tank and if they decline they have to match those donations and my sister, Sue Easthom has challenged me Connie Miler (the owner of Grace Food Pantry)to get in the dunk tank , I have not raise any money to get myself out of this one , Pastor Lee Dean of Mud River Baptist Church has been challenged by his church members & I really don't think he's getting out of this one either & how about a local politician .....Dale Anderson II has been challenged as well . We are having a silent Auction and the biggest thing to auction off is a special private dinner with the City of Huntington's Mayor Steve Williams .