- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- St. Joe Ties Scott in Soccer
- 432 People Surrender During Four-Day Ohio Fugitive Safe Surrender Event, Clearing 369 Warrants
- What's Next for the RKO Flushing Keith? Is the Place Toast?
- Mermaid visits Huntington
- Police Search for Speedway Robbery Suspect
- OP ED OPINION: A (Not So Hidden) Assumption, Challenging How We Look at Violence
- Attorney General DeWine Offers Tips for T-Mobile Consumers Affected by Experian Breach
- OP ED OPINION: The Moral Rabbit Hole
- Huntington Ordinance Prohibits Blowing or Sweeping Yard Waste
Grace Food Pantry in Guyandotte
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 18:30 From Press Release
All of this is a fund raiser to raise money for Grace Food Pantry to help us feed the less fortunate and restock our shelves for our two backpack schools , we feed 65 children a week and this includes breakfast, lunch ,dinner ,snacks along with drinks for Two days until the children can go back to school to eat .We have been feeding children all summer on an average of 20 children a day and providing food for backpacks for Payton Elementary summer program so we have not been able to keep our shelves stocked and we are in desperate need . We are having a dunk tank and the challenge is to raise money to make a challenge for people to get in the tank and if they decline they have to match those donations and my sister, Sue Easthom has challenged me Connie Miler (the owner of Grace Food Pantry)to get in the dunk tank , I have not raise any money to get myself out of this one , Pastor Lee Dean of Mud River Baptist Church has been challenged by his church members & I really don't think he's getting out of this one either & how about a local politician .....Dale Anderson II has been challenged as well . We are having a silent Auction and the biggest thing to auction off is a special private dinner with the City of Huntington's Mayor Steve Williams .