- Two more defendants sentenced for roles in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
- Huntington man sentenced on Federal oxycodone charge
- UPDATED: Wal Mart Shots Not Terror Related
- Many WV State Offices have Pre-Canadidacy Filings; Cabell Non-Partisan Judges too
- Coffee with a Cop Returns Dec. 2
- COLUMN: STEM Success in the Mountain State
- Man Arrives at Huntington Hospital Shot in Both Legs
- Marshall Assistant Coach Charged with DUI
- Attorney General Morrisey Warns of Credit and Debit Chip Card E-mail Scam
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Find New Lows for 2014
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Remain Largely Unchanged
"Mortgage rates were little changed this week with the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage rate at 4.12 percent, just a basis point lower from the previous week," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Meanwhile, on Wednesday afternoon the yield on the 10-year Treasury surged as data showed gross domestic product for the second quarter at a 4.0 percent annualized rate, above expectations."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.12 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending July 31, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.13 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.39 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.23 percent with an average 0.7 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.26 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.43 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.01 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, up from last week when it averaged 2.99 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 3.18 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.38 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.39 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.64 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.