- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Sir Ronald Sanders Awarded Honorary Doctorate by University of The West Indies
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- "Ouija" Startles, But no Shrieks or Shocks Here
- 2014 Furbearer Trapping Seasons to Open Nov. 1
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Coast Guardsman teaches water rescue to Cub Scouts in South Texas
Volleyball’s Bane Earns Preseason Honors
Bane, a Brownstown, Ind. native, was a All-Conference second team selection last season and earned a spot on the C-USA All-Academic Team with a 3.93 GPA.
“It’s great to see the rest of the league coaches give Sammie that kind of respect,” head coach Mitch Jacobs said. “We know what we have in our gym and it’s great to see the other teams seeing that too. She is an outstanding leader and she’s made herself quite a presence in the conference.”
Bane was a two-time C-USA Setter of the Week winner in 2013, earning the accolade four times in her career with the Herd. She averages 10.56 assists per set, and is currently fourth in the Marshall record books with 3,663 career assists.
Bane played and started in all 32 matches last year for the Herd, and has started every match during her time at Marshall with the exception of one during her freshman campaign.
The Herd will begin its 2014 season hosting the Thunder Invitational at the Cam Henderson Center and will face Eastern Michigan at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, August 29. Marshall will then face UIC and Virginia on Saturday, August 30 with matches set to begin at 11 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.