- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- UPDATED... HPD Nets Four Controlled Substance Arrests September 23-24; Burglaries Reported
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Cleveland OD Deaths Prompt Public Health Warning
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- Police Execute Arrest Warrants, Arrest Suspect in Shooting Near Hospital
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- New purple paint posting option on private land now available in West Virginia
Volleyball’s Bane Earns Preseason Honors
Bane, a Brownstown, Ind. native, was a All-Conference second team selection last season and earned a spot on the C-USA All-Academic Team with a 3.93 GPA.
“It’s great to see the rest of the league coaches give Sammie that kind of respect,” head coach Mitch Jacobs said. “We know what we have in our gym and it’s great to see the other teams seeing that too. She is an outstanding leader and she’s made herself quite a presence in the conference.”
Bane was a two-time C-USA Setter of the Week winner in 2013, earning the accolade four times in her career with the Herd. She averages 10.56 assists per set, and is currently fourth in the Marshall record books with 3,663 career assists.
Bane played and started in all 32 matches last year for the Herd, and has started every match during her time at Marshall with the exception of one during her freshman campaign.
The Herd will begin its 2014 season hosting the Thunder Invitational at the Cam Henderson Center and will face Eastern Michigan at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, August 29. Marshall will then face UIC and Virginia on Saturday, August 30 with matches set to begin at 11 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.