- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- Mathematics awarded $170K grant from National Security Agency
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Wilson family establishes endowed scholarship for medical students
- Freedom Industries and former Freedom Industries plant manager sentenced for roles in chemical spill
- John Jasko, M.D., named Castle Connolly ‘Top Doctor’
- UPDATE: Swat Team Dispatched; Huntington's Marcum Terrace Scene of Another Shooting
- Huntington's Public Works director relieved of duties
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
Attorney General DeWine Announces Indictment of Father on Felonious Assault, Endangering Children Charges
A Perry County Grand Jury indicted Kyle Robison, 24, on two felony charges of felonious assault, two felony charges of endangering children, and one misdemeanor charge of endangering children on Wednesday.
Investigators with the New Lexington Police Department began investigating Robison after his two month old daughter was brought to the hospital in January.
The indictment alleges that Robison abused the child between December 1, 2013, and January 16, 2014, causing serious physical harm.
"The evidence in this case shows that this man seriously injured his infant daughter," said Attorney General DeWine. "There is absolutely no excuse for harming a child."
"Protecting children in our community is one of the highest priorities for the New Lexington Police Department, and I am appreciative for the assistance of Attorney General DeWine and his staff during the course of this investigation," said Chief Ervin.
Robison is currently in custody at the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.
The child has been released from the hospital and is in the custody of her mother.
Agents with the Attorney General's Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) assisted with the investigation.