- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- Realtors: QRM Rule Will Provide Clarity in Housing Finance Market, Benefit Consumers
- Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- NAHB: Statement from NAHB Chairman Kevin Kelly on New Mortgage Standards
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Waging Peace: Global Adventures of a Lifelong Activist'
Storm Knocks Out Power, Down Trees, Breaks Windows
Sunday, August 3, 2014 - 01:05 Updated 11 weeks ago
By 1 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 3, about 2,200 residents were still in the dark in Cabell County.
Trees were downed over the city. A window blew out at the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center and a Marshall University vehicle sustained damage from a falling tree.
Some viaduct flooding was also reported.