- Forensic Science Graduate Program ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- Mayor, City Have Busy Event Schedule
- HPD Arrest Two for Burglary
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Remains Believed to be Missing Woman Found
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- OSHA issues call to action for West Virginia employers to supply water, rest and shade for workers in scorching heat
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Attorney General's Office Files A Petition For Contempt Against Cav’s Coach Company
Monday, August 4, 2014 - 18:17 Updated 1 year ago From a News Release by WV Attorney General Patrick Morrisey
In January 2013, Cav’s Coach Co., a West Virginia-based charter bus company, agreed to pay back $7,800 after Reedy Elementary School’s 2010 charter bus trip to New York City was cancelled. As part of the agreement, the company said it would provide $6,800 in refunds to consumers who were stranded for hours after the company’s buses broke down and could not be repaired or replaced. The company also agreed to pay $1,000 in civil penalties to the Attorney General’s Office.
Originally, Cav’s Coach agreed to a payment plan of $650 a month until the $7,800 amount was refunded in full. However, Cav’s Coach only made three payments in 2013 and two payments in 2014 leaving a balance owed of $4,550.
“Our Office must hold businesses accountable to comply with the law and follow the agreements in place,” Attorney General Morrisey said. “Regardless of the company or the situation, consumers deserve to receive their refund in full.”
“The Reedy Elementary School PTO is well overdue their refunds from their planned trip in 2010,” Morrisey added. “This is not the first complaint we have received involving this company, therefore we must take action to ensure that West Virginia’s consumers are protected.”
The civil action number is 13-C-1. A copy of the petition can be found at http://bit.ly/1zqt5FD.
The hearing on the Petition for Contempt against Cav’s Coach is scheduled for Thursday, September 11, at 11:30 am before Judge Nibert in the Circuit Court of Roane County in Spencer.