- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Fracking Waste Chemicals Allegedly Found in WV Near Drinking Water Inputs
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- UPDATING ... Neither 'Mall Cop' nor 'Unfriended' Will Slow 'Furious 7' Vroom....
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Confederate Memorial Day in the South
Heritage Station Artisan Market Set for Friday, August 8th
Featured artisans include:
· Stained glass and jewelry by Appalachian Art Gallery
· Hand knit accessories by Failli
· Illustrations and paintings by Modern Thinkers Gallery
· Freelance and mixed media art by Scribbles and Splotches
· Cutting boards by Tim's Woodwurks
· Hand knit dishcloths by Dishrag Diva
· Ruffled scarves and jewelry by Knitnakpoe
· Barn board signs, primitive wooden items, and children’s signs by Normal Clark
· Coasters, bird baths, and fresh herbs by Gretchen Dick
· Jewelry by Vintage Creations
· Hand blown jewelry by BeadUnique by Kari
· Hand hewn jewelry by Teresa Gail Designs
· Homemade ice pops made by Cara’s Homestyle Ices
· Food from Two Chicks on the Run
Additionally, several shops will host artists:
· CommonGround will host Lisa Pruitt, a Henna Artist
· Brand Yourself will host Joey Stepp, a magician and balloon artist
· The Greater Huntington Parks and Recreation District office will host Karen Irwin, a jeweler
· The Red Caboose will host Sarah Taylor and Denise Erwin of the Huntington Calligraphers' Guild
“This will be our biggest market so far,” said Kari Newman, organizer of the event. “We’re very pleased with the high quality and variety of artisans who are participating,” she said.
The event will also serve as the official kick-off to the Rails & Ales Festival Craft Beer Week. Mayor Steve Williams will be on hand to make a special announcement about the upcoming festivities.
The Shops at Heritage Station host the Artisan Market on the second Friday of every month from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. The market features live music, demonstrations, and the works of more than a dozen local artisans. Combined with the monthly Cinema Under the Stars and Party on the Patio, both also held on Friday nights, Heritage Station is becoming the region’s Friday night shopping and entertainment destination.
Artists, artisans, and performers interested participating in the Artisan Market may call Kari Hughes Newman at 304-697-6675 or go towww.facebook.com/HeritagestationsArtisanMarket for more information.