- Special Prosecutor Will Be Appointed in Cabell County Regarding State Police Investigation of Mayor's Sick Leave Payment to Skip Holbrook
- Q and A with Councilman Caserta: Mayor Needs to be Held Accountable, Independent Audit Necessary
- Bid Specifics Revealed in Huntington Street Sweeping Program
- UPDATED...State Auditor Citied Lack of Adequate Policies, Controls for Some Huntington Financial Materials, 2013 and 2014
- Ohio Woman Found Guilty of 2009 Antifreeze Murder, Sentenced to 15 Years to Life
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monongah' Examines Culture of West Virginia Coal Mine Operations As Well as 1907 Disaster -- The Worst Industrial Accident in Nation's History
- 2014 Huntington Audit Has Statement Governing Sick Leave Payments
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
Rahall Announces USDA Project Funding for Lincoln County Water Infrastructure
“This funding, in addition to previous funding that I have supported and announced for the Lower Mud River Project, will help ensure that Lincoln County households have safe and reliable drinking water when families turn on the faucet. I have waged many budget battles in Washington to ensure that Federal funding is available to southern West Virginia communities in order to build and strengthen our water and sewer systems, and I will never let up in that fight,” said Rahall.
This USDA Rural Development grant announced by Rahall completes a multi-million dollar financial package for the Lincoln County project. That package of funding includes monies from the Army Corp of Engineers Section 340 Southern West Virginia Infrastructure Program, which Rahall helped to create in 1992, to provide residents across southern West Virginia with modern water and wastewater systems.
The Project will serve an additional 81 families in the Lower Mud River area.