- Former Charleston Job Corps Center employee pleads guilty to misappropriating government funds
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Doctor honors family’s medical legacy with School of Medicine scholarship
- Ohio Children’s Hospitals Develop New Interventions to Prevent Repeat Child Abuse
- Lewis College of Business appoints new division heads
- Zombies are coming to Barboursville
- Marshall partners with UK on multimillion-dollar research grant
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
Capito to Kids: “Let Them Eat Rice Cakes!”
“Ms. Capito ought to know better, but since she’s such a stalwart supporter of big, intrusive, and ridiculous government, it’s not surprising she has her finger-prints all smeared with this cake ban,” said Buckley.
Capito was one of just 17 House Republicans to vote for the so-called “Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010,” S. 3307, pushed by First Lady Michelle Obama, that mandates strict nutritional requirements set by the federal government in Washington, D.C.
“Unfortunately for schools that traditionally rely on bake sales to raise funds for student clubs, sports uniforms, and other programs to enhance the kids’ education,” Buckley observed, “the new regulations implementing the bill are substituting carrots and sticks, fruit cups, and rice cakes in place of cake.”
“Out with Girl Scout cookies, in with absurd federal regulations,” due to the bill and regulations, according to Buckley.
“It’s such a shame that Representative Capito lacks any coherent philosophy of government,” said Buckley.
“The point is not whether cupcakes are worse than apples, it’s whether such decisions ought to be made by states, principals, and parents or by the centralized dictates of Big Nanny government.”
“Really, Congresswoman Capito, you should have known better. Your vote takes the cake.”
“Caught between the Big Government politics of Democrat Natalie Tennant and the Big Government politics of Shelley Moore Capito, fortunately voters now have a genuine choice,” Buckley boasts. “I’m John Buckley and I’m in the Libertarian sweet spot.”