- Mayor Williams "unfamiliar" with alleged benefit cuts; Huntington "under" budget
- Huntington Police, Fire, Public Works Employees Holding News Conference on City Hall Steps
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Some Atomic Energy Workers Passed Effects of Radiation and Chemical Exposure to their Spouses and Children
- Huntington's Been There, Done That; History Repeating Itself on Severe Shortfalls
- CITY CRISIS: HPD, HFD Video
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Marshall School of Medicine names director of addiction services
- LETTER: Cutting Police, Fire Wrong Options
Helmich Named Head Diving Coach at Marshall
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 - 16:27
Helmich, originally from Augusta, Ga., is currently the club coach of South Carolina Divers and also an assistant diving coach for the University of South Carolina.
"I am honored to be head diving coach at Marshall University,’" Helmich said. "I look forward to applying my experience as a coach and former diver to another level of competition and can't wait to begin."
As a collegian, Helmich was a team captain at USC where he was a five-time SEC scorer. Helmich also competed in two NCAA Zone Championships during his career.
"Andrew stood out in the search process because he wants to coach at Marshall,” Tramel said. He wants to be a part of the champion program we are building and is very focused on the mechanics of the sport. Our divers will also benefit from his experience in the SEC, one of the best, if not the #1 diving conference in the country."
The Herd will begin its 2014-15 season at the West Virginia Games on Oct. 10-11 in Huntington.