- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- Huntington Has At Least Nine Heroin Overdose Deaths in January 2015
- Wolfpack Moves Past @HerdMBB
- How Will a Good Ole' Boy Hollywood Treat Female 'Pleasures' in "Fifty Shades of Grey?'
Helmich Named Head Diving Coach at Marshall
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 - 16:27
Helmich, originally from Augusta, Ga., is currently the club coach of South Carolina Divers and also an assistant diving coach for the University of South Carolina.
"I am honored to be head diving coach at Marshall University,’" Helmich said. "I look forward to applying my experience as a coach and former diver to another level of competition and can't wait to begin."
As a collegian, Helmich was a team captain at USC where he was a five-time SEC scorer. Helmich also competed in two NCAA Zone Championships during his career.
"Andrew stood out in the search process because he wants to coach at Marshall,” Tramel said. He wants to be a part of the champion program we are building and is very focused on the mechanics of the sport. Our divers will also benefit from his experience in the SEC, one of the best, if not the #1 diving conference in the country."
The Herd will begin its 2014-15 season at the West Virginia Games on Oct. 10-11 in Huntington.