- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- Goebbel Named Marshall Tight Ends Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- OP-ED: Beyond Deterrence, Compassion
- OP-ED: Vermont Yankee and the Rest: Dirty, Dangerous, Too Costly to Compute
Helmich Named Head Diving Coach at Marshall
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 - 16:27
Helmich, originally from Augusta, Ga., is currently the club coach of South Carolina Divers and also an assistant diving coach for the University of South Carolina.
"I am honored to be head diving coach at Marshall University,’" Helmich said. "I look forward to applying my experience as a coach and former diver to another level of competition and can't wait to begin."
As a collegian, Helmich was a team captain at USC where he was a five-time SEC scorer. Helmich also competed in two NCAA Zone Championships during his career.
"Andrew stood out in the search process because he wants to coach at Marshall,” Tramel said. He wants to be a part of the champion program we are building and is very focused on the mechanics of the sport. Our divers will also benefit from his experience in the SEC, one of the best, if not the #1 diving conference in the country."
The Herd will begin its 2014-15 season at the West Virginia Games on Oct. 10-11 in Huntington.