- PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Classic "Blazing Saddles" Screens; Mel Brooks Inclusive Comedy Still Ripe
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- FIRST LOOK: Feminist Alice, Steps Through the Glass to Find... Sibling Rivalry
- LEGACY: Upriver Radioactive Contamination May Have Impacted Huntington Cancer Risk
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Marshall College of Science and West Virginia Science Adventures program host STEAM summer camp for K-12
- Legislature Completes Supplemental Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2016
Helmich Named Head Diving Coach at Marshall
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 - 16:27
Helmich, originally from Augusta, Ga., is currently the club coach of South Carolina Divers and also an assistant diving coach for the University of South Carolina.
"I am honored to be head diving coach at Marshall University,’" Helmich said. "I look forward to applying my experience as a coach and former diver to another level of competition and can't wait to begin."
As a collegian, Helmich was a team captain at USC where he was a five-time SEC scorer. Helmich also competed in two NCAA Zone Championships during his career.
"Andrew stood out in the search process because he wants to coach at Marshall,” Tramel said. He wants to be a part of the champion program we are building and is very focused on the mechanics of the sport. Our divers will also benefit from his experience in the SEC, one of the best, if not the #1 diving conference in the country."
The Herd will begin its 2014-15 season at the West Virginia Games on Oct. 10-11 in Huntington.