- Cincinnati Overdoses Exceed 60; not all Revived
- Huntington's professional cosplay model Bunny Bombshell at WV PopCon this weekend
- W.Va. AG Files Lawsuit Against Cabell County Used Car Dealer
- EDITORIAL: Having Nearly Ruined WVU, Manchin Father and Daughter Pair Now Compromises the WV Chamber of Commerce
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Coalfield Development Corp. Receives Economic and Workforce Development Resources Grant for Coal Communities
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Gov. Tomblin Highlights Potential of POWER Grants for Job Growth in West Virginia
- World-traveled clarinetist and Marshall alum to perform Sept. 1
- Joe Manchin III: The Harry Houdini of West Virginia Politics
Helmich Named Head Diving Coach at Marshall
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 - 16:27
Helmich, originally from Augusta, Ga., is currently the club coach of South Carolina Divers and also an assistant diving coach for the University of South Carolina.
"I am honored to be head diving coach at Marshall University,’" Helmich said. "I look forward to applying my experience as a coach and former diver to another level of competition and can't wait to begin."
As a collegian, Helmich was a team captain at USC where he was a five-time SEC scorer. Helmich also competed in two NCAA Zone Championships during his career.
"Andrew stood out in the search process because he wants to coach at Marshall,” Tramel said. He wants to be a part of the champion program we are building and is very focused on the mechanics of the sport. Our divers will also benefit from his experience in the SEC, one of the best, if not the #1 diving conference in the country."
The Herd will begin its 2014-15 season at the West Virginia Games on Oct. 10-11 in Huntington.