- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Pain doctor indicted on Federal drug charges
- WVDNR’s electronic game check system provides opening day buck harvest numbers
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- CITY BRIEFS: Thanksgiving Garbage Schedule; Free Christmas Parking Days
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Cisco sentenced to federal prison for distributing oxycodone
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Small businesses across the state to participate in Small Business Saturday
Helmich Named Head Diving Coach at Marshall
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 - 16:27
Helmich, originally from Augusta, Ga., is currently the club coach of South Carolina Divers and also an assistant diving coach for the University of South Carolina.
"I am honored to be head diving coach at Marshall University,’" Helmich said. "I look forward to applying my experience as a coach and former diver to another level of competition and can't wait to begin."
As a collegian, Helmich was a team captain at USC where he was a five-time SEC scorer. Helmich also competed in two NCAA Zone Championships during his career.
"Andrew stood out in the search process because he wants to coach at Marshall,” Tramel said. He wants to be a part of the champion program we are building and is very focused on the mechanics of the sport. Our divers will also benefit from his experience in the SEC, one of the best, if not the #1 diving conference in the country."
The Herd will begin its 2014-15 season at the West Virginia Games on Oct. 10-11 in Huntington.