- Morehead Clerk Faces Contempt Hearing in Ashland
- Charleston heroin and meth dealer enters federal guilty plea
- Yale Law School professor featured speaker as Amicus Curiae series begins at Marshall University
- OP ED COLUMN: Tax Reform Committee Is Covering All Ground
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest Weekly Survey
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
Helmich Named Head Diving Coach at Marshall
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 - 16:27
Helmich, originally from Augusta, Ga., is currently the club coach of South Carolina Divers and also an assistant diving coach for the University of South Carolina.
"I am honored to be head diving coach at Marshall University,’" Helmich said. "I look forward to applying my experience as a coach and former diver to another level of competition and can't wait to begin."
As a collegian, Helmich was a team captain at USC where he was a five-time SEC scorer. Helmich also competed in two NCAA Zone Championships during his career.
"Andrew stood out in the search process because he wants to coach at Marshall,” Tramel said. He wants to be a part of the champion program we are building and is very focused on the mechanics of the sport. Our divers will also benefit from his experience in the SEC, one of the best, if not the #1 diving conference in the country."
The Herd will begin its 2014-15 season at the West Virginia Games on Oct. 10-11 in Huntington.