- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Test Time for Snow Plows
- Skate Park Construction Underway
- Sir Ronald Sanders Awarded Honorary Doctorate by University of The West Indies
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 24, 2014
- Coast Guardsman teaches water rescue to Cub Scouts in South Texas
- Update: New York City and CDC Report Positive Tests for Ebola in Volunteer International Aid Worker
- Multiple Bloodlettings Await Keanu Reeve's "John Wick"
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- 2014 Furbearer Trapping Seasons to Open Nov. 1
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Mixed
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.14 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending August 7, 2014, up from last week when it averaged 4.12 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.40 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.27 percent with an average 0.6 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.23 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.43 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.98 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.01 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 3.19 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.35 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.38 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.62 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.