- Fracking Waste Chemicals Allegedly Found in WV Near Drinking Water Inputs
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Confederate Memorial Day in the South
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- Stat Steps Defined Herd Basketball
- OP-ED: Lee Kuan-Yew’s Caribbean rescue in the Commonwealth
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Mountwest’s Inland Waterways Academy changes name, not mission
- Joey Logano pulls out wild overtime win in Martinsville Truck race
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Mixed
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.14 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending August 7, 2014, up from last week when it averaged 4.12 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.40 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.27 percent with an average 0.6 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.23 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.43 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.98 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.01 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 3.19 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.35 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.38 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.62 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.