- Addict James Cook and the End of the Road
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Akron man in custody in connection with Huntington heroin overdoses
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Green Fridays, College Colors Day give Herd fans opportunity to show pride in team
- Secretary of State Candidate Mac Warner Announces Friends of Coal Endorsement
- Water Main and Valve Replacement Project to Cause Temporary Water Outage Monday for Rt. 10/Heath Creek Road Area of Barboursville
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals to conduct public session at Marshall
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Beech Fork Lake to Hold Open House
Thursday, August 7, 2014 - 15:14 From Press Release
Events will include a tour of the dam and water safety information. The tours will be available from noon to
2 p.m. The tour group will meet during those hours at the Visitor’s Center. Pre-registration is not required. Adult participants need to bring a government-issued photo ID (such as a Driver’s License). Cell phones, cameras and carry bags will not be permitted on the tour.
Beech Fork Lake was authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1962. It is part of the integrated flood reduction system operated by the Corps of Engineers for the Ohio River Basin. Beech Fork Lake opened for recreational activities in May 1978. The lake has a summer pool surface area of 720 acres and a 10 horsepower limit on boat engines.
For more information, please contact the Public Affairs Office at 304-399-5353.