- 2015 Dawg Dazzle Aims to Electrify Huntington's Riverfront
- Skynyrd's One More for the Music Fans Due July 24
- Johnson, Hammers Recognized at White House for Combatting Drugs
- WV AFL-CIO President Perdue: July 1 is now Pay Cut Day
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Marshall will be first university in West Virginia to offer professional Master of Athletic Training degree
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- Strolling Through Central City Days Saturday Celebration IMAGES
- Four Huntington Heroin Arrests
- BB&T continues support for capitalism center at Marshall with another gift of $100,000
Beech Fork Lake to Hold Open House
Thursday, August 7, 2014 - 15:14 From Press Release
Events will include a tour of the dam and water safety information. The tours will be available from noon to
2 p.m. The tour group will meet during those hours at the Visitor’s Center. Pre-registration is not required. Adult participants need to bring a government-issued photo ID (such as a Driver’s License). Cell phones, cameras and carry bags will not be permitted on the tour.
Beech Fork Lake was authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1962. It is part of the integrated flood reduction system operated by the Corps of Engineers for the Ohio River Basin. Beech Fork Lake opened for recreational activities in May 1978. The lake has a summer pool surface area of 720 acres and a 10 horsepower limit on boat engines.
For more information, please contact the Public Affairs Office at 304-399-5353.