- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Let's Round Up the "Johns" Too
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- OPINION: Hope Springs in Huntington on new Facebook Page
- Huntington Sanitary Board Prepares to Shut off Customer's Water for Unpaid Bills
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Marshall to host 3rd annual Sustainability Fair at Wild Ramp May 20
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- MU presents Donning of the Kente ceremony April 27
- Hillary Concentrates on Substance Abuse at Charleston Forum IMAGES
Beech Fork Lake to Hold Open House
Thursday, August 7, 2014 - 15:14 From Press Release
Events will include a tour of the dam and water safety information. The tours will be available from noon to
2 p.m. The tour group will meet during those hours at the Visitor’s Center. Pre-registration is not required. Adult participants need to bring a government-issued photo ID (such as a Driver’s License). Cell phones, cameras and carry bags will not be permitted on the tour.
Beech Fork Lake was authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1962. It is part of the integrated flood reduction system operated by the Corps of Engineers for the Ohio River Basin. Beech Fork Lake opened for recreational activities in May 1978. The lake has a summer pool surface area of 720 acres and a 10 horsepower limit on boat engines.
For more information, please contact the Public Affairs Office at 304-399-5353.