- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Former Huntington Detective, City, Supervisors Sued for Civil Rights Violations, Sexual Abuse
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- Walk with the Mayor Begins, Highlawn Next
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
- Attorney General Morrisey Partners with Ben Franklin & Carver Career Centers to Battle Drug Epidemic
- Miller Named Vice President of Bank
Beech Fork Lake to Hold Open House
Thursday, August 7, 2014 - 15:14 From Press Release
Events will include a tour of the dam and water safety information. The tours will be available from noon to
2 p.m. The tour group will meet during those hours at the Visitor’s Center. Pre-registration is not required. Adult participants need to bring a government-issued photo ID (such as a Driver’s License). Cell phones, cameras and carry bags will not be permitted on the tour.
Beech Fork Lake was authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1962. It is part of the integrated flood reduction system operated by the Corps of Engineers for the Ohio River Basin. Beech Fork Lake opened for recreational activities in May 1978. The lake has a summer pool surface area of 720 acres and a 10 horsepower limit on boat engines.
For more information, please contact the Public Affairs Office at 304-399-5353.