- Man Dies After Double Shooting on Huntington's Ninth Avenue
- No Layoff Decisions on Looming Huntington Deficit; Police Car Purchase Put Off
- Black History Month to be observed in a variety of ways at Marshall
- Huntington Awaits Plans for Curtailing Budget Overages
- HMDA Meets Monday Afternoon
- W.Va. AG Collaboration Prosecutes Ponzi Scheme, Nets Significant Prison Sentence
- Former office manager of Mountain State Justice pleads guilty for embezzling over $1.5 million
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
Beech Fork Lake to Hold Open House
Thursday, August 7, 2014 - 15:14 From Press Release
Events will include a tour of the dam and water safety information. The tours will be available from noon to
2 p.m. The tour group will meet during those hours at the Visitor’s Center. Pre-registration is not required. Adult participants need to bring a government-issued photo ID (such as a Driver’s License). Cell phones, cameras and carry bags will not be permitted on the tour.
Beech Fork Lake was authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1962. It is part of the integrated flood reduction system operated by the Corps of Engineers for the Ohio River Basin. Beech Fork Lake opened for recreational activities in May 1978. The lake has a summer pool surface area of 720 acres and a 10 horsepower limit on boat engines.
For more information, please contact the Public Affairs Office at 304-399-5353.