- Huntington Police Arrest Seven Alleged Drug Distributors, Users
- Attorney General Morrisey Announces Nearly $1.3M Antitrust Settlement Benefiting Cabell County Schools
- Two sex offenders headed to prison for federal crimes
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Aug 30 GHPRD introduces Sway-Fun, an all-inclusive playground piece
- E.E.O.C. Issues Final Guidance for Retailation
- Huntington crack dealer faces at least five and up to 40 years; two heroin dealers each face up to 20 years
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Coalfield Development Corp. Receives Economic and Workforce Development Resources Grant for Coal Communities
- Hero Con in Ashland Saturday; Come See Elsa and Beau
Appalachian Uprising Becomes Jewel City Jamboree in 2015
"We will have national talent and a bluegrass gospel show," Ball announced. "This will bring guests to the city."
Mayor Steve Williams added the Jamboree represents another pillar in "our aspiration to make the riverfront a destination." He continued, "The reality is here. We are planning next year now. The Jamboree will kick off the summer exceptionally."
The Jamboree joins DAWG Dazzle , the Regatta, and "other events coming in between," Williams said.
The Uprising had been hosted by Chuck Black, prior to his untimely passing in 2013.
Prior guests at the Uprising have included:
Carolina Chocolate Drops
The Rambling Rooks
Featuring Ronnie Bowman, Don Rigsby and Kenny Smith
Bluegrass SuperJam Led by Ronnie McCoury
Larry Keel and Natural Bridge
Melvin Goins and Windy Mountain
Johnny Staats and The Delivery Boys