- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- EPA Acts Again to Kill Jobs
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey Asks Court To Enforce Subpoena Against Thaxton Wholesale Meats, LLC
- Police Search for Speedway Robbery Suspect
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Lifted for Approximately 40 Customers on Several Streets in Huntington
- Attorney General DeWine Offers Tips for T-Mobile Consumers Affected by Experian Breach
- Huntington Ordinance Prohibits Blowing or Sweeping Yard Waste
- Mermaid visits Huntington
- What's Next for the RKO Flushing Keith? Is the Place Toast?
- Public Workshops Planned for Review of Draft Statewide Transportation Improvement Program for FFY 2016-2021
Appalachian Uprising Becomes Jewel City Jamboree in 2015
"We will have national talent and a bluegrass gospel show," Ball announced. "This will bring guests to the city."
Mayor Steve Williams added the Jamboree represents another pillar in "our aspiration to make the riverfront a destination." He continued, "The reality is here. We are planning next year now. The Jamboree will kick off the summer exceptionally."
The Jamboree joins DAWG Dazzle , the Regatta, and "other events coming in between," Williams said.
The Uprising had been hosted by Chuck Black, prior to his untimely passing in 2013.
Prior guests at the Uprising have included:
Carolina Chocolate Drops
The Rambling Rooks
Featuring Ronnie Bowman, Don Rigsby and Kenny Smith
Bluegrass SuperJam Led by Ronnie McCoury
Larry Keel and Natural Bridge
Melvin Goins and Windy Mountain
Johnny Staats and The Delivery Boys