- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
- REALTORS: Existing-Home Sales Lose Momentum in November as Inventory Slightly Tightens
- OP-ED: The $7 Million University President
- Beech Fork State Park responds to camping trends with online reservations in 2015
Appalachian Uprising Becomes Jewel City Jamboree in 2015
"We will have national talent and a bluegrass gospel show," Ball announced. "This will bring guests to the city."
Mayor Steve Williams added the Jamboree represents another pillar in "our aspiration to make the riverfront a destination." He continued, "The reality is here. We are planning next year now. The Jamboree will kick off the summer exceptionally."
The Jamboree joins DAWG Dazzle , the Regatta, and "other events coming in between," Williams said.
The Uprising had been hosted by Chuck Black, prior to his untimely passing in 2013.
Prior guests at the Uprising have included:
Carolina Chocolate Drops
The Rambling Rooks
Featuring Ronnie Bowman, Don Rigsby and Kenny Smith
Bluegrass SuperJam Led by Ronnie McCoury
Larry Keel and Natural Bridge
Melvin Goins and Windy Mountain
Johnny Staats and The Delivery Boys