- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- UPDATED... HPD Nets Four Controlled Substance Arrests September 23-24; Burglaries Reported
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Cleveland OD Deaths Prompt Public Health Warning
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- - Candidates go beyond sound bites on major issues facing older West Virginians & their families
- FIRST LOOK: "Magnificent Seven" Saddles Up Excitement as an Ole West Mercenary Squad
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- New purple paint posting option on private land now available in West Virginia
Appalachian Uprising Becomes Jewel City Jamboree in 2015
"We will have national talent and a bluegrass gospel show," Ball announced. "This will bring guests to the city."
Mayor Steve Williams added the Jamboree represents another pillar in "our aspiration to make the riverfront a destination." He continued, "The reality is here. We are planning next year now. The Jamboree will kick off the summer exceptionally."
The Jamboree joins DAWG Dazzle , the Regatta, and "other events coming in between," Williams said.
The Uprising had been hosted by Chuck Black, prior to his untimely passing in 2013.
Prior guests at the Uprising have included:
Carolina Chocolate Drops
The Rambling Rooks
Featuring Ronnie Bowman, Don Rigsby and Kenny Smith
Bluegrass SuperJam Led by Ronnie McCoury
Larry Keel and Natural Bridge
Melvin Goins and Windy Mountain
Johnny Staats and The Delivery Boys