- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Huntington Council Hears First Reading on Planned Duplex
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- 2016 Rails & Ales Festival to be Held on Saturday, August 13th
- Marshall listed among Best Online Liberal Arts Colleges for Bachelor’s Degrees
- Attorney General Morrisey to EPA: Halt Federal Spending on Clean Power Plan
- Lecture Series Held at City Hall
- Huntington Council Discusses Two Ordinances
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- It's Almost Summer but Elsa's Ice Magic Continues for Your Event IMAGES
Appalachian Uprising Becomes Jewel City Jamboree in 2015
"We will have national talent and a bluegrass gospel show," Ball announced. "This will bring guests to the city."
Mayor Steve Williams added the Jamboree represents another pillar in "our aspiration to make the riverfront a destination." He continued, "The reality is here. We are planning next year now. The Jamboree will kick off the summer exceptionally."
The Jamboree joins DAWG Dazzle , the Regatta, and "other events coming in between," Williams said.
The Uprising had been hosted by Chuck Black, prior to his untimely passing in 2013.
Prior guests at the Uprising have included:
Carolina Chocolate Drops
The Rambling Rooks
Featuring Ronnie Bowman, Don Rigsby and Kenny Smith
Bluegrass SuperJam Led by Ronnie McCoury
Larry Keel and Natural Bridge
Melvin Goins and Windy Mountain
Johnny Staats and The Delivery Boys