- Guyandotte River Readied for Huntington Drinking Water Supply
- Police Chief Speaks About Prostitution at Coffee with a Cop
- Generation Huntington Nominees due Friday
- Sustainability Concert Saturday
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Girls' Hoodies, Toy Monkey, and Other Product Recalls
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- Testing Shows Presence of Toxin in Ohio River above Huntington
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
REALTORS: New Credit Scoring Calculation Will Improve Access to Homeownership
“Realtors welcome today’s [Aug. 8, 2014] announcement from Fair Isaac Corp., or FICO, that it will no longer penalize borrowers for certain debt-collection activities when calculating credit scores.
“This move will ultimately make a real difference in the lives of millions of Americans, who have been shut out of the housing market or forced to pay higher mortgage interest rates because of flawed credit scores. Since the housing crash, overly restrictive lending has been the greatest obstacle to homeownership.
“NAR will continue to support efforts to broaden access to credit for qualified homebuyers.”