- Man Arrested by Huntington Police for Possession
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Google is the latest tech company to drop the longstanding wall between anonymous online ad tracking and user’s names
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Does the Presidential Campaign Resemble a Movie?
- Hunyington Police Arrest Male with Firearm on School Property
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
Attorney General DeWine Announces Arrest of Human Trafficking Suspect, Rescue of Victims
Investigators said the suspect, who identified himself as Xavier Freeman, was found in the presence of multiple adult females, including three women who were being held against their will.
"Human trafficking is a very serious problem throughout the state of Ohio, and it is often a crime that is hard to identify," said Attorney General DeWine. "I applaud the person who contacted authorities after noticing something that didn't seem right. That tip allowed task force members to quickly look into the situation and get these women to safety."
Freeman, who claims to be from the state of New York, was arrested on charges of human trafficking, compelling prostitution, and promoting prostitution. He was also arrested on a charge of possession of a schedule II controlled substance after authorities found him in possession of more than 180 Hydromorphone pills.
The Washington and Morgan Major Crimes Task Force is made up of authorities from the Belpre Police Department, Marietta Police Department, Morgan County Sheriff's Office, Washington County Sheriff's Office, Morgan County Prosecutor's Office and Washington County Prosecutor's Office.
Members of the Central Ohio Human Trafficking Task Force, which is also part of the Ohio Attorney General's Ohio Organized Crime Investigations Commission, is assisting with the investigation.Authorities are still working to verify the suspect's identity and ask that anyone with information on the individual in the photograph below contact the Washington County Sheriff's Office at 7