- FLASHBACK: The Three Mile Island Accident, Yes, People Suffered
- Music professors to perform on historical instruments during free performance
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- Restructuring Cited for Public Works Director Dismissal
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- Political Satire: Portsmouth Considering Marting Building for City Offices ... Again
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- Huntington Police Arrest Two on Drug Charges
Attorney General DeWine Announces Arrest of Human Trafficking Suspect, Rescue of Victims
Investigators said the suspect, who identified himself as Xavier Freeman, was found in the presence of multiple adult females, including three women who were being held against their will.
"Human trafficking is a very serious problem throughout the state of Ohio, and it is often a crime that is hard to identify," said Attorney General DeWine. "I applaud the person who contacted authorities after noticing something that didn't seem right. That tip allowed task force members to quickly look into the situation and get these women to safety."
Freeman, who claims to be from the state of New York, was arrested on charges of human trafficking, compelling prostitution, and promoting prostitution. He was also arrested on a charge of possession of a schedule II controlled substance after authorities found him in possession of more than 180 Hydromorphone pills.
The Washington and Morgan Major Crimes Task Force is made up of authorities from the Belpre Police Department, Marietta Police Department, Morgan County Sheriff's Office, Washington County Sheriff's Office, Morgan County Prosecutor's Office and Washington County Prosecutor's Office.
Members of the Central Ohio Human Trafficking Task Force, which is also part of the Ohio Attorney General's Ohio Organized Crime Investigations Commission, is assisting with the investigation.Authorities are still working to verify the suspect's identity and ask that anyone with information on the individual in the photograph below contact the Washington County Sheriff's Office at 7