- Council Passes Union Extensions; Fire Department Members Line Up in Hallway
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Possession, Reports Taken for Destruction of Property, Burglary, Overdose
- One of EEOC’s First Lawsuits Alleging Sex Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation Settles
- For Now City Hall Off Limits to Republican Mayoral Candidate in Huntington
- Huntington Police Exeucute 7th Avenue Search Warrent; Six Arrests; Seize Heroin, Guns, Cash
- Man Arrested for Attempted Murder of Huntington Police Officer
- ANALYSIS: Mayoral Candidate Claims Constitutional, Political Interference... or May God Strike Him with a Lightning Bolt
- Charlotte School of Law Launches Eviction & Homelessness Prevention Clinic; How Do Similar Laws Impact Huntingtotn?
- Frontier Communications Donates $50,000 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief Efforts
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
Attorney General DeWine Announces Arrest of Human Trafficking Suspect, Rescue of Victims
Investigators said the suspect, who identified himself as Xavier Freeman, was found in the presence of multiple adult females, including three women who were being held against their will.
"Human trafficking is a very serious problem throughout the state of Ohio, and it is often a crime that is hard to identify," said Attorney General DeWine. "I applaud the person who contacted authorities after noticing something that didn't seem right. That tip allowed task force members to quickly look into the situation and get these women to safety."
Freeman, who claims to be from the state of New York, was arrested on charges of human trafficking, compelling prostitution, and promoting prostitution. He was also arrested on a charge of possession of a schedule II controlled substance after authorities found him in possession of more than 180 Hydromorphone pills.
The Washington and Morgan Major Crimes Task Force is made up of authorities from the Belpre Police Department, Marietta Police Department, Morgan County Sheriff's Office, Washington County Sheriff's Office, Morgan County Prosecutor's Office and Washington County Prosecutor's Office.
Members of the Central Ohio Human Trafficking Task Force, which is also part of the Ohio Attorney General's Ohio Organized Crime Investigations Commission, is assisting with the investigation.Authorities are still working to verify the suspect's identity and ask that anyone with information on the individual in the photograph below contact the Washington County Sheriff's Office at 7