- Mayoral Candidate Alleges Mayor, Council "Embarassed" by Towing Outcry; Council Allegedly Persecutes Disabled Member for Backing Ordinance
- Greenbrier County man pleads guilty to Federal crime involving oxycodone
- ANALYSIS: Efficency versus Dissent Collides at Council Meeting
- DuPont and Chemours to hold AGMs without addressing growing C-8 issue in U.S., Europe, and Asia
- Movie about terrorism told by 9/11 survivors and veterans being filmed in West Virginia.
- Huntington's Harm Reduction Program Merits D.C. Visit
- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- Marshall School of Medicine establishes new dentistry department
- Renewable Energy in West Virginia: Projects and Prospects subject of 2016 conference in Huntington
- Huntington advances to finals of America’s Best Communities competition
Pea Ridge Boil Water Advisory Issued
Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 17:13 Updated 1 year ago
on Pinecrest Drive, Liberty Lane, Grady Drive, Dogwood Place, Heavenly
Place, and Pinecrest lane streets. The advisory follows a water main break,
which West Virginia American Water crews are working to repair as quickly
as possible. Customers will be notified by media.
Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further
notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in
the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking,
bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then
cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using
bottled water; most home water filters will not provide
adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting
additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more
information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center