- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Receiving Stolen Property
- Huntington Council Hears Preparation for School and Stanford Park Road Repair Ordinance
- BREAKING : Ft. Myers Shooting
- FLASHBACK: Catch a Delorean Ride Back to the Future
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- WV Hotdog Festival Saturday at Pullman Square
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- Remains Believed to be Missing Woman Found
- School of Medicine welcomes students for Project P.R.E.M.E.D.
WV Radio launches America’s first ‘Tailgate’ radio station
Friday morning, WV Radio Corp. flipped WKAZ-FM (K Rock) from classic rock to Tailgate FM. Tailgate can also be heard streaming worldwide onTailgate1073.com.
The Tailgate concept is the first FM station in America to play multiple formats of music -- including country, pop, rock and all-time party classics -- on a single station.
WV Radio Market Manager Christian Miller said it's time for radio to reinvent itself.
"The iPod generation has allowed our younger demographics to listen to all genres of music simultaneously, so we decided it was time give them that experience on the radio. Tailgate is similar to your iPod on a 50,000-watt transmitter,” Miller said.
Tailgate 107.3 plays “party songs for party people” and always a “Tailgate 12-pack” in a row. This variety of every popular format mixed together is a concept not currently available on FM, XM or Pandora.
Tailgate 107.3 is one of seven stations WV Radio Corp. owns in Charleston. For more information, contact Christian Miller at (304) 319-5133 firstname.lastname@example.org.