- Antitrust agreement will protect our citizens’ best interests
- $2.09 Per Gallon Gas Called Sign Mechanical Problem
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Sheetz Development Narrowly Passes Planning Commission
- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- August Pullman Square Concert Series
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
WV Radio launches America’s first ‘Tailgate’ radio station
Friday morning, WV Radio Corp. flipped WKAZ-FM (K Rock) from classic rock to Tailgate FM. Tailgate can also be heard streaming worldwide onTailgate1073.com.
The Tailgate concept is the first FM station in America to play multiple formats of music -- including country, pop, rock and all-time party classics -- on a single station.
WV Radio Market Manager Christian Miller said it's time for radio to reinvent itself.
"The iPod generation has allowed our younger demographics to listen to all genres of music simultaneously, so we decided it was time give them that experience on the radio. Tailgate is similar to your iPod on a 50,000-watt transmitter,” Miller said.
Tailgate 107.3 plays “party songs for party people” and always a “Tailgate 12-pack” in a row. This variety of every popular format mixed together is a concept not currently available on FM, XM or Pandora.
Tailgate 107.3 is one of seven stations WV Radio Corp. owns in Charleston. For more information, contact Christian Miller at (304) 319-5133 email@example.com.