- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marquee Pullman & Pullman Square Turn 10
- Top Films of 2014 with Guest Expert Input
- Council Asked to Approve Budget Restraints Following Negative Projection
- US Attorney Collects Over $8 Million for Taxpayers
- "Mockingjay Part One" Evokes Symbolism, Thought, Less Hunting
- Marshall University receives in-kind software grant from Siemens PLM Software
- Local writers Marie Manilla and Nicole Lawrence to read from their work at Marshall University
- Highlanders Triumph Over Midland
- Marshall Men's Basketball: Herd Falls to Seventh-Ranked Louisville, 85-67
SUPERMOON: 'When the Moon Hits Your Eye Like a Big Pizza Pie': Full Moon, Closest to Earth
The Aug. 10 supermoon rises when the moon is at perigee — the closest point to Earth in its orbit --- about 219,000 miles away. It is the second of three supermoons this summer, according to NASA.
I shot the moon photo about 10:30 p.m. central time in Port Lavaca TX with a Canon Digital Rebel camera and a 500 mm telephoto lens.
Lyrics to Dean Martin's hit song, "That's Amore":