- UPDATED: Police, Fire Leadership Attribute Mismanagement for Possible Deep, Scary Cuts
- Marshall University launches the Dr. Carter G. Woodson Lyceum
- Marshall Health and School of Medicine welcome new faculty physicians
- Huntington Sues Opioid Distributors
- Secretary of State Warner Responds to Media Reports
- Two defendants headed to prison for methamphetamine trafficking crimes
- Appalachian Hatchery, a Marshall University Research Corp. project, Receives $1.5 Million Grant
- West Virginia GEAR UP launches Student Success Society in area high schools
- The Dr. Carter G. Woodson Lyceum receives grant to train schoolteachers who teach black history
- Marshall University Research Receives Coal Country Grant
SUPERMOON: 'When the Moon Hits Your Eye Like a Big Pizza Pie': Full Moon, Closest to Earth
The Aug. 10 supermoon rises when the moon is at perigee — the closest point to Earth in its orbit --- about 219,000 miles away. It is the second of three supermoons this summer, according to NASA.
I shot the moon photo about 10:30 p.m. central time in Port Lavaca TX with a Canon Digital Rebel camera and a 500 mm telephoto lens.
Lyrics to Dean Martin's hit song, "That's Amore":