- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- Former Bank Vice President Made More than $1.4 Million in Bad Loans
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Hits Highest Level Since Nov. 2005
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Sues For-Profit Corinthian Colleges for Predatory Lending Scheme; Bureau Seeks More than $500 Million In Relief For Borrowers of Corinthian’s Private Student Loans
- Suspected Drug Dealer Released on Bond Before Police Leave Scene of Arrest
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
SUPERMOON: 'When the Moon Hits Your Eye Like a Big Pizza Pie': Full Moon, Closest to Earth
The Aug. 10 supermoon rises when the moon is at perigee — the closest point to Earth in its orbit --- about 219,000 miles away. It is the second of three supermoons this summer, according to NASA.
I shot the moon photo about 10:30 p.m. central time in Port Lavaca TX with a Canon Digital Rebel camera and a 500 mm telephoto lens.
Lyrics to Dean Martin's hit song, "That's Amore":