- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- Realtors: QRM Rule Will Provide Clarity in Housing Finance Market, Benefit Consumers
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- NAHB: Statement from NAHB Chairman Kevin Kelly on New Mortgage Standards
- Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
Two Arrested on Drug Charges at West Huntington Motel
Arrested at the scene were Tarez Qshawn Shavers, 18, and Ronesha Chennel Martin, 23. Shavers was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, while Martin was charged with felony conspiracy to deliver drugs and misdemeanor maintaining a dwelling for the purpose of distribution of drugs.
During a search of the hotel room, officers found approximately 10 grams of crack cocaine, cell phones and various pieces of drug paraphernalia.
The arrests are part of “Operation: River to Jail,” an ongoing effort by the Huntington Police Department to eradicate the pipeline of illegal narcotics coming from out of state into Huntington.