- UPDATED: Police, Fire Leadership Attribute Mismanagement for Possible Deep, Scary Cuts
- Marshall University launches the Dr. Carter G. Woodson Lyceum
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Marshall Health and School of Medicine welcome new faculty physicians
- Secretary of State Warner Responds to Media Reports
- Mayor Williams "unfamiliar" with alleged benefit cuts; Huntington "under" budget
- Huntington Sues Opioid Distributors
- Two defendants headed to prison for methamphetamine trafficking crimes
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Two Arrested on Drug Charges at West Huntington Motel
Arrested at the scene were Tarez Qshawn Shavers, 18, and Ronesha Chennel Martin, 23. Shavers was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, while Martin was charged with felony conspiracy to deliver drugs and misdemeanor maintaining a dwelling for the purpose of distribution of drugs.
During a search of the hotel room, officers found approximately 10 grams of crack cocaine, cell phones and various pieces of drug paraphernalia.
The arrests are part of “Operation: River to Jail,” an ongoing effort by the Huntington Police Department to eradicate the pipeline of illegal narcotics coming from out of state into Huntington.