- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- What a Coincidence --- Bar that Didn't Close Had Shooting Early Friday; Now Shut
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- St. Joseph Invitational Basketball Tournament
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- WVDNR News: 2016 West Virginia deer firearms season fact sheet
Johnny Cueto of the Cincinnati Reds Named National League Player of the Week
Cueto was 2-0 last week in two starts, tossing a Major League-high 17.0 innings while ranking second in the N.L. with 15 strikeouts. The 2014 All-Star tossed his fourth complete game of the season on Tuesday, scattering five hits and allowing two runs over 9.0 innings of work in a 9-2 victory at Cleveland. Cueto fanned six in the contest while issuing two free passes en route to his 13th victory of the season. The 28-year-old right-hander needed 117 pitches (83 strikes) in the outing as he improved to a perfect 4-0 (including two complete game efforts) in six career starts against the Buckeye State rivals. Cueto also added to his career Interleague credentials with the victory, improving to 12-5 with a 2.51 ERA (38 ER/136.1 IP) against American League teams during his seven-year career.
On Sunday, making his Major League-best 25th start of the season (T-1st), Cueto fanned nine in 8.0 innings of work, allowing just two runs on five hits to earn his fourth consecutive win in a 7-2 win over the Miami Marlins at Great American Ball Park. In four starts dating back to June 26th, Cueto has gone 4-0 with a 1.45 ERA (5 ER/31.0 IP). His last four-game winning streak came July 8-August 2, 2012 during a five-start span. The San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic native has posted 11 quality starts in his last 12 outings and he leads the Reds staff with 22 quality starts this season. With his 14-6 record, Cueto is currently tied for the Major League lead in wins this season and he ranks second with 179.2 innings pitched. His 2.05 ERA (41 ER/179.2 IP) is the third-lowest mark in the Majors this season. This is his first career weekly award.
Other noteworthy performances last week included San Diego's Yonder Alonso (.533, 8 H, HR, 3 RBI, .933 SLG, .529 OBP); Washington's Adam LaRoche (.357, 7 R, 10 H, 3 2B, 3 HR, .786 SLG, .419 OBP) and Denard Span (.469, 15 H, 3 2B, .469 OBP); Daniel Murphy (.406, 13 H, HR, 8 RBI, .429 OBP) of the New York Mets; San Francisco's Pablo Sandoval (.379, 5 R, 11 H, 2 HR, 9 RBI, .655 SLG, .419 OBP); and Arizona's Mark Trumbo (.348, 2 2B, HR, 9 RBI).
In recognition of his National League Player of the Week Award, Johnny Cueto will be awarded a watch courtesy of Game Time, the leader in licensed sports watches, available at MLB.com.